WITHOUT ME

POV 3RD PERSON

    Its been a week since Kona left the ship. The effects of her departure still hung a gloomy air around the crewmates. Everyone tried to go back to the ways used to be, but how could they when Kona had become the new normal.

   Ikkaku kept to herself.

Penguin stood by Shachi's medical bed, waiting for him to wake up.

Bepo apologized more than ever before.

The chief still made to many sweets at meal time.

   Law experienced it the worse though.

He found it hard to wake up without her voice whispering to him, so he didn't bother sleeping. He occupied his time by digging out any info that would lead him to Ceasar. He couldn't find anything however. His room was a mess of papers. He hadn't moved from his desk since they departed Turtlefair island.

This would be easier if Kona-ya were here

"She betrayed you. That's all there is to it. Forget her and move on" he angrily muttered to himself.

He went back to searching through documents but his mind wondered to when him and Kona were on The fishman island together.

   He remembered snapping at her alot and regret filled his heart. He remembered when she finally found clothes she liked and she came out the dressing room to show him.

"I should have told her she looked pretty..." He instantly slapped his hand on his forehead.

For some reason, unknown to the captain, he left like this was his fault. He kept trying to tell himself that she was pretending the whole time, but his mind wondered if he could have said or done something to make her stay.

   He remembered the first time she had waken him up. How she had mentioned that she had nightmares.
He regrets not asking her about them.

He runs his hand through his messy, oily hair. "That was probably a lie too. Stop thinking about it" he yells to himself.

But the more he wanted to stop thinking about it the more he found her in his mind. He grits his teeth.

"She is a monster!" He says louder.

Memories of Kona almost slitting Shachi's throat play run through his mind.

"She tricked us, She almost killed Shachi, she stole all our money,...and she..."

What she had said to him, "Doflamingo should have killed you along with the clown", echoed in his mind.

He balled his hand into a fist. "She never cared!!!!-"

Trafalgar...Am I really allowed to be this happy here

That moment flew into his head. His hate disappeared and he reminisced the warmth of her body.
His body shock slightly, and he felt his lip start to quiver. He grabbed on to his hair and lowered his head.

"Were you really a bad person all along...Kona" he said sadly.

A soft knock sounded from him door. He quickly pulled himself together and went to open the door. At the door stood Uni. He flinched alittle at the sight of his captain.