Chapter 17

As soon as we entered the house a black cat came running up to us, darting in between their legs and dashing straight for me.

"Meow." It rubbed its face against my leg looking like it was in bliss.

"Meowzer!" I yelled out in excitement as I reached down to pat it, only to halt myself in confusion.

"Wow... Wow, wow. So you would pretend to forget all of us but you remember Meowzer?" The lady's tone contained a lot of anger and annoyance.

"Is that really it's name?" I asked in suspicion but before she could say anything in reply I covered my mouth in astonishment.

"W-what the hell is going on?" I all but screamed at no one in particular when some memories resurfaced that were definitely not mine.

The memories of growing up here with Ian, with this lady and this man. Sitting around the dining table, fighting with them, laughing with them. It all suddenly came crashing down leaving me frozen in place.

"T-t-this doesn't make any sense." I stuttered whilst steadying myself against the wall as Samuel reached out in an attempt to catch me before I could stumble. "I'm really not from here." I denied vehemently as my eyes scanned over the pictures on the hallway table.

How are pictures of the younger me here? How could that be possible? What are these memories? What the hell is going on?

On the other side of Talend...

Luther's POV

"Who the f*** is that?" I slammed my hands down onto the desk in the security room. Playing on the monitor was the video of Autumn being snuck into a laundry cart by an unknown male.

"S-sir, he was part of the cleaning co-co-company." The security guard stuttered as he shrunk back in fear.

"Tell me how none of you saw her escaping or realised she's missing? I'm sure..." I kneaded my nose bridge in annoyance.  "I'm sure I told you guys she's high priority, should always be guarded... prone to escaping, any of that ring a bell?" I asked through gritted teeth as I tried to calm my anger.

"Luther, maybe stop knocking his head with the back of your gun so he can explain more clearly." Alec suggested as he spared a pitying glance towards the shuddering guard.

"Knocking his head with a gun is the the least of his worries right now..." I smiled threateningly, feeling joy at the sight of this fully grown man shivering in fear.

"S-S-sir please forgive me for my mistake." The man pleaded smashing his forehead onto the ground whilst kneeling.

"Sir! The cleaning agency was trying to keep the man's identity a secret but our team just found him. His name is Samuel Kim." An out of breath staff member came barrelling into the room interrupting the sobbing man.

"Was that so hard?" I grinned at the man on the other end of the gun's barrel. "What to do about this mistake you've made? Hmm...I'm feeling quite generous today." I smiled as sweetly as I could, watching the gazes of the men turn fearful. Ah~ seems like I failed.

"Luther, Luther come on put the gun down." Alec tried coaxing me like he would his daughter causing me to raise a brow.

"I told you I'm feeling generous don't worry." I laughed lazily as I let the gun hang from my fore finger.

A loud bang sounded before I exited, sighing as some of the stress left my body.

"T-thank you sir!" The man cried out from behind me gripping onto his bleeding arm.

"Could we get a doctor at room 107?" Alec requested using the intercom as he hurried after me. "Your temper's gotten better." He remarked with an impressed look.

"I'm just holding it all in for sweet little Autumn. It'll be a blast welcoming her back." I laughed quietly as my finger twitched against the trigger. "Ask the information team for any information they have on this Samuel guy. I'm interested to know why some little shit thinks he can take my toy." I ordered Alec as I walked back towards my office.

"I think she's more than just a toy at this poi-" Alec mumbled under his breath only to freeze when I sent a glare his way.

Ha! More than a toy? In what realm?

She's just a toy, for fun and nothing else. Where in the universe could I find someone who wouldn't die when killed? It's just curiosity and nothing more.

"Keep telling yourself that bud." Alec pat my shoulder before scurrying away to avoid backlash.

A/N: I made this a lil shorter mostly cause Idk what to write and lil bit cause my other chapters WERE DAMN LONG. Omg though like basically we had to do a scientific poster for my uni work and I drew like pixil art of scientists as like game characters and I was emailing my professor and he was like hey did you draw these? And then was like yk one of the guys you drew is acc one of my mates and do you mind if I send it to them... so now some middle aged scientist is basically getting my fan art 🤣🤣🤣