Chapter 2: Entrance Exam

0 point robots, huh? Well, it's not much of a problem.

You put down your hoodie and put your hands out from your pocket getting ready to break some heartless robots. You just hoped they'd forgive you for killing them, I mean, they're robots after all and they are your targets so that's not a problem either.

A sudden explosion raged from behind. You looked back as a blonde guy pushed you out of his way.

"Get out of my way, damn extra!"

His push was hard but not enough to make you fall off the ground. You kind of just moved to the side a bit. As soon as his figure faded in the far distance, his voice lingered in your mind.

"Extra."

Extra, ey? Let's just see about that.

You slowly walked through the fake street when you saw a 3-pointer robot coming to your direction. You immediately gestured your hand as if you're crushing something and so did the robot. It crushed until it turned into a small ball of dump.

"My apologies, robot." You muttered,sounding like a heartless assassin who kills everyone who dares come to your way.

As you continued to walk in a straight path, you levitated and crushed all the robots coming in your way while silently counting the number of points you got. Your current point is 72. Not bad.

You continued until Present Mic announced that the exams are over. Dang, not a single sweat came out of your body. This test was way easier than you thought.

You walked out from the center where you took the exam. You heard people saying that some guy was knocked out because he was destroying a 0-pointer robot.

Stupid.

Although that brought you to a thought. There has to be another way of scoring other than points, right? Your guts really think there's something suspicious. And you trust your guts. Oh well, you had enough points, it'll still work out.

Suddenly you felt your wrist vibrating. You lifted the vibrating arm and took a look, someone was calling through your watch. You answered it and heard a familiar voice coming through the other line.

"How'd it go, Y/N?"

"I think I did alright. It should be enough."

"If ever you'd fail, don't you worry. You can always try again."

Was that... d-did he say that to motivate me?, You thought not believing what you just heard.

"U-uh, who said I'm going to fail? Not a chance!"

"That's good to hear."

He ended the call a moment after he said that. You didn't realize the tears coming from your eyes as it touched your cheek. You wiped it but it wouldn't stop.

Dang these eyes! Stop being so emotional!

You startled when someone touched your shoulder. You turned around only to see a girl with short brown hair. Her face filled with concern.

"Hey, are you okay?" She asked nicely.

What should I do? Should I stick to her comfort or just ignore? What should I do? What should I do?

"I-It's nothing." You said coldly and turned around to walk away. You can say she's still standing there in the same spot then you heard footsteps. She has probably walked away now. Phew, what a relief.

You're not sociable since you didn't have a lot of friends when you were a kid. Your only friends were you, yourself, and you again.

You rode your dad's private black car on your way to home. When you have arrived, you immediately ran through the halls and went to your dad's office.

When you were finally inside his office, you glanced at the desk in the front and there was no one there. You looked around the whole room when you saw a note on top of his desk. You took it and read the words written.

"Y/N, you said you think you did good on the exams. I have to say, it's good to hear you say that. The reason I wrote this note is I would want you to know that you have to live in an apartment, it's part of your mission. I already sent the school your address. Of course, I wouldn't want to let them know who I was. So, have fun on your new place to stay. You can go right ahead, the driver will drive you there. Your stuff are already there too. And don't worry about the food, appliances, and other things. I've got it all covered.

-Dad"

That was long. You could feel your lips curving forming a wide grin. He really cares for you.

Thank you dad. Oh right! I think I should go to my new apartment now. I gotta admit, I'm gonna miss this place.

You wrote 'thank you, dad' on the back of the note as a reply. Then you walked to the driver's seat, waiting for the driver to take you to your new home all by yourself. You closed the backseat door when you arrived to the place. The driver gave you the keys before you walked to your apartment. You took it and walked on your way there without wasting any time.

346... 346... 346!

You unlocked the door and went inside. You turned on the lights and... Woooooowwww. The place looked totally FANCY and LUXURIOUS!

Damn dad, you're making me feel like a spoiled brat. I feel like I'm living in a hotel.

You noticed an envelope on the table of the dining area. You opened it and...

Now you really feel like a spoiled brat. There's over 100, 000 bucks in here!

Dad, I love you!

You quickly looked for your bedroom when you passed a room with a huge master bed inside, the door was slightly open. You walked back and jumped into the bed like falling into a whole square of soft clouds! Now this is comfortable.

You scanned the whole room and you walked to the closet and opened it. Your clothes were there, there were also new ones. You roamed around the whole apartment. There was a chimney, chandelier, book shelves, mini tea cups, mini coffee table, fancy bathroom stuff, and most importantly a whole cabinet with snacks! Damn.

▲▲▲

You stayed in your new apartment for a few days. You're currently laying in the couch eating potato chips while watching tv and checking on a few stuff on your phone. This is what you called, 'multi-tasking'. Suddenly, you heard the doorbell rang. You slowly stood up and went to check who's outside.

Now that I think of it, this apartment has a doorbell? How come I didn't notice it?

You opened the door and standing before you was a postman. Did you get a mail or something? Maybe from your dad?

"Morning! I've got a mail for you!" He enthusiastically said while handing out the mail. You took it and immediately closed the door not wanting to hear more from the postman. You opened it and there was... Uhh. What is this?

Suddenly, a hologram came out from the circle thingy. It was All Might... one of your most important targets.

"Hello, young Y/N! I am here informing you your score from the previous UA Entrance Exam! You came first place with a total of 108!"

You stiffened. I mean, you knew you'll make it but heck you didn't expect you'd be in 1st place.

"Congratulations! See you soon!" He continued and bid farewell. You did it! As a celebration, you took out more snacks and ate them all.

Damn I should be training right now. Eh, I'll just do it tomorrow.

And so you did. You woke up early the next day so you started your training with a jog. It took you 2 hours and whew you're sweating now. After a short break, you ate breakfast and finally started training.

~TIME SKIP~

Is it just me or my daily training routine is getting harder now? Maybe because of my pressure. Pfft, why am I nervous? It's not like I'm going there to really study about heroing, right? Hmmmmmmmm.

~1360 words~