Chapter 27

JACOB WALKS me back to my dorm. As we stand outside the door I feel a rush of warmth through my body. His hands-on my hips as we stare into each other's eyes is how I want to stay forever. 

"is Chrissy back?" he asks, his voice low and raspy. 

"I don't know—" he opens the door slowly. 

"I guess not." He smiles at the darkness inside of the room. But my smile quickly disappears when A giggle comes from under Chrissy's blanket and we both pause. "

Yo, sorry to ruin it for you, Jacob." Miles says with a smirk. 

"oh no problem, I guess we'll just be in my room for the night then." Jacob says with an even bigger smirk as I look up at him in slight confusion. I'm not sure how I feel about staying in Jacob's room again but god knows what these two will be doing if I stay here.

"Have fun you two cuties," Jacob says, fueling Miles' anger.

"Come on babe." He says, leading me slowly towards his dorm

"So . . . movie?" he asks with hopeful eyes.

"Actually . . . can we go to sleep? I'm pretty tired." I ask knowing I have a nine am class in the morning. 

"so soon? It's only ten pm." Only ten pm. 

"yeah . . . I want to be rested, and I kind of have an assignment with Miles in the morning."

"Oh." He says with an almost disappointed look on his face.

"Okay, yeah, of course." He says with a defeated smile.

"Do you need my shirt?" he asks with a smile.

"Yes, thank you," I say with a smile. He slowly takes off his shirt, showing me his flawless body.

"here." I quickly run into the bathroom to change. I'm surprised he managed to get this big dorm. His shirt is big and covers a lot of my body which is exactly what I need. As I step out, his eyes rake up and down my body. "you look beautiful." He smiles and I return it. We both burry ourselves In the fluffy covers before finally falling asleep.

JACOB TURNING around wakes me and no matter how much I try, I can't fall back asleep. I check the time on his phone which is placed so perfectly on the nightstand beside me. It's only five am. I roll my eyes.

I slowly take off the covers, grab everything I need, and close the door as gently as I can. Walking down the hall this late makes me feel like I've done something wrong even though no one is here to see me.

I take a deep breath and open the door to my dorm room slowly, hoping Chrissy won't wake up. The handle is loose and seems to be opening by itself. My eyes go wide and Miles' wide eyes meet mine. His black hair is messy and his hazel eyes, sleepy.

 His shirtless torso stands in front of me, painted with a snake crawling around his neck, letting me see both its head and tail resting on his chest. A rose covers his shoulders on each side and two curry leaves meet on his neck. A black shirt is scrunched up in his hand. His jaw clenches and I notice a small cross hanging off his ear.

"Can't sleep either huh?" he asks, his voice raspy. He puts on the black shirt and closes the door behind him quietly.

"No," I say, looking down at the floor.

"Want to join me for some coffee?" he says raising a brow as he stands there in the door.

"Sure," I say with a slight smile at his surprising kindness.