Chapter 47

I'm sorry if this chapter isn't as long as others, I've been super busy and I have a bunch of things that I need to finish today! Enjoy!!

"Thank you," I say as he opens the door for me. His smile lights up the restaurant as we sit down and are handed a menu.

"The best drink on the menu for the lady," Hayden says right before the waitress nods and leaves with a smile. 

Hayden gives me a bright smile before slightly sticking out his tongue when looking at the menu. His four silver rings on each finger tap against the menu as his eyes scan every sentence. I look at the menu, everything is either too expensive or too complicated and I find myself choosing a salad. 

Hayden's grey eyes look up at me whilst his thick black brows are raised.

"Found anything you like?" he asks, his voice deep but calming. I nod with a smile.

"Me too." He says, looking right at me before his two fingers go into the air to call over the waitress, his eyes remaining on mine. 

Our drinks are placed in front of us and after telling the waitress our order he brushes his fingers through the curly front of his pitch-black hair.

"You here with your dad?" I ask and he nods.

"Sure am, we go every  fall, it's become sort of a tradition to spend time with him." He chuckles. I smile at him before taking a sip from the bubbly pink drink.

"Do you have any traditions with yours?" he asks.

"No, um . . . I, uh . . . my dad left a long time ago and my mom refuses to talk about him." I smile.

"Do you know what he looks like or who he was?" he asks and I shake my head.

"Barely, my mom won't ever show me pictures of him." I explain with a small smile and he looks at me as if he's lost in thought.

"I hope you get to see a picture of him one day." He smiles and I return it.

"Your food." The waitress smiles as she puts our plates in front of us. I thank her and we start to eat our meal before I realize she gave me the wrong salad.

"Something wrong?" he asks and I giggle.

"it's the wrong salad." I chuckle before my eyes turn wide, hoping he won't send it back and make the waitress feel horrible.

"Do you want a new one?" he simply asks but I shake my head and he continues taking a bite out of his greasy burger. I quickly realize he isn't like Miles despite his rude demeanor. 

My thoughts drift from Miles to Jacob and then back to Miles and what happened.

"Do you go to WSU?" I ask, hoping to shift my thoughts onto something other than the sin I'm re-living over and over again in my head.

"No, I actually, I work for my dad's gas station and sometimes target." He smiles.

"Right." I chuckle.

MILES's POV

After Chrissy's non-stop interrogation I decided to stand up and walk up the stairs to finally break it to him that his little girlfriend ran away with my car which still makes me laugh a little.

But after realizing he was going to leave me there with Chrissy whilst he went on the hunt for her, I ran out the door with his car keys before Chrissy could yell loud enough and before Jacob could get his ass beat. 

The two disappeared from the rearview mirror a while ago and I still haven't found out where the hell she is. 

I speed up, sliding on the wet snow before finally approaching a gas station. The snow is starting to come down again and I can only hope that I can still follow the faint Lamborghini tire tracks.

"Careful there son." An older man with a cigarette in between his fingers and smoke coming out of his mouth says.

"Yeah." I huff.

"Awfully nice car you got there, there was a beautiful young lady here earlier with a car like yours--"

"Where is she?" We talked I ask, knowing well it was Madison and my damn car.

"She went to dinner with my son." He smiles.

"What?" I ask harshly.

"You're not her boyfriend, are you? because my son would never mess with that," he says with a slight country accent

"Sure I am."

"Drive straight out from here, then take a turn at the bright sign, you won't miss it." He coughs violently and I leave before he vomits all over the place. 

My eyes desperately search for that fucking sign until I finally spot it, racing there in a hurry.

I crack my fingers before exiting out of the car, my black vans shoes hit the ground as harshly as my feet manage. I brush my fingers through my hair before finally entering the restaurant. I scan over the whole room but don't spot them. Snobby rich people look at me up and down with their judgy eyes as I travel in between tables.

"Can I help you sir?" an annoying blonde asks at my clear disrupting. I shake my head before trying to push past her.

"Excuse me sir—" She starts again.

"Fuck off." I say before pushing past her yet again, this time to get outside.

"Fuck!" I yell in the parking lot but only the night sky looks back at me until the waitress steps outside to join me.

"You need to leave." She says politely.

"Fuck no I don't." I bark, I'll be here as long as I need to whether the whole restaurant is on my back about it or not.

"I'll get fired if you don't leave." She says, approaching me in her high heels but I clench my jaw, hoping to ignore her for as long as I can or at least until I can gather my thoughts properly.

"What's a guy like you doing here anyway?"

"Looking for my— a girl," I correct myself now that I don't need to lie around anymore.

I didn't realize what a shit hole of a town this was. All I've ever seen here are the mountains, icy roads, and that one cabin but now that I'm forced to explore hell itself, I realize just what a pile of shit this place really is.

"Well, where is she?" The blonde asks.

"She ran off with some guy," I say, hoping she'll leave me alone.

"Some guy? It wasn't Hayden . . . was it?" she asks and my fists clench at the sound of his name.