Chapter 56

Miles: "Meet me at the parking lot."

Me: "I need to prepare for the final on Friday, and you said six pm . . . it's four."

Miles: "Let me guess . . . library?"

I roll my eyes before scribbling down a few more notes. Miles has been interrupting my studying the whole time but yet I can't say I hate it.

Me: "I'm not dressed yet."

Miles: "I'll take you as you are. meet you at the parking lot."

I smile before looking down at my grey sweater, black leggings, and white shoes. Miles sends a few wink faces before I finally head to my empty dorm to find something a little more suitable. I slip into a silk red dress, apply a red lip, and finally slip into my thick heels. I close the door behind me and rush outside to the parking lot. 

Trying to spot Miles's grey Lamborghini in the dark is harder than I thought. I finally spot his car when the lights turn on. I open the door only to see a bouquet of what must be two dozen roses on the car seat. I smile before looking at him. His hazel eyes stare right into mine with that handsome smile of his.

"Thank you," I say before sitting down with the bouquet in my hands. I look at the roses and smell them as he smiles at me before finally reversing out of the parking lot.

"But why—"

"We're dating aren't we?" he asks and I blush.

"We are." I smile.

"I don't want you to think that I can't be romantic just cause Chrissy said so." He surprises me by admitting. His hands rests on my thigh, the touch rushing through my body.

"We're different, Madison . . ." he smiles at me before looking back at the road. I'm surprised at how kind he is.

"You're different . . ." he admits, his eyes looking at the red light in front of us. I hide a smile before looking down at my roses.

"And so are you." I look at him, moving his head to face mine. His deep eyes pour right into mine and I want to sink in deeper with every second. 

He licks his lips before coming closer. Our lips touch and memories of last night fly through my mind. We hear beeping sounds but yet Miles doesn't take his lips from mine, instead, he opens the window and sticks out his middle finger. I giggle before pulling my lips away.

"You can't just do that." I chuckle.

"Why not?" he asks, his eyebrows raised at me.

"It's rude." I bite at my lip, hiding a giggle.

"What's rude is beeping at me when I'm in the middle of kissing a pretty girl." He says and my stomach flutters.

WE ARRIVE AT the most beautiful restaurant I've seen. The restaurant is beautifully lit with all kinds of hanging lights. 

A red carpet leads us to the even more beautiful inside, this must be a five-star restaurant but yet there are no people inside except for a few waiters and waitresses.

"Miles?" One of the waiters asks and he nods.

"This way, please." The man says with a smile. Miles takes my hand as we walk to a table by the large window on the second floor.

"The six-hundred dollar course?" the waiter asks and my eyes go slightly wide.

"Please, let's not discuss the bill in front of the lady." Miles smiles.

"My apologies sir." The waiter nods before taking our menus and filling our wine glasses with ivory color. Bubbles fill the glass before finally traveling up to the very top.

"Are we alone?" I ask right after the waiter leaves. Miles gives me a side smile before leaning in and saying, "I rented the place out for us." I smile at him, not knowing how else to react. The waiter brings us an expensive-looking meal, the plate is decorated beautifully and I find myself staring at the plate for a few seconds before managing to take a bite.

"Thank you for all of this." I manage to speak.

"Of course baby girl." He says and I give him a simple smile. His black button-down hides most of his tattoos and I'm surprised at how 'normal' he looks. His hair is perfectly gelled back as always and his black diamond earring shines right at me.

"Desert." The waiter approaches and I smile. Miles gives him a side smile before he places the beautiful purple desert in front of us. I grab a small fork and stick it through the pudding before savoring every taste. Miles thanks the waiter who nods before placing a tall bottle of what looks like champagne on our table. Our hands hold over the table and I feel at peace. Now that I'm with Miles everything feels so different. It feels almost unexplainable; I feel more myself than I ever have.

Miles's POV

"I'll be quick, I'm going to the restroom," Madison says politely, standing up and showing off her gorgeous red dress. I'm tempted to rip it off her right here and fuck her on the table but I can't; I need to try this time. Something about this girl is different and I know I can't fuck up; I can't let her slip through my fingers. 

I smile at her before she disappears behind two white doors. I hear something vibrating and I quickly check my phone but the only messages I have are from Chrissy from a while ago. I look over at Madison's seat, only to find her phone. I roll my eyes before grabbing it off the chair and looking at the message,

Jacob: "Can we talk? Text me."

I smirk at the message before replying with a simple "back off."

"You have my phone?" Madison's voice sounds through my ears and I hand it back to her.

"Yeah, uh, I turned off the volume. You don't want to be rude do you?" I raise a brow and she shakes her head.

"Guess not." She smiles a cute smile which takes everything in me not to take her into the car right now.

"Enjoying your food?" the waiter asks and I nod. Madison gives him a smile which he doesn't deserve.

"It was perfect, thank you." She smiles and I try my hardest not to roll my eyes. She's too nice and to someone who so clearly is drooling all over her. The waiter hands me the bill and I slip too many hundred dollar bills inside before smiling at Madison.

"I have another surprise," I say and her eyes light up. I've never understood romance or why girls were so obsessed with roses and fancy dates but now I'm starting to understand why it's worth all of the bullshit that comes with.