Chapter 36

The parking lot is further away than I expected and my feet are killing me even more now after I put my heels back on.

"ouch," I say as the shoe rubs against my heel.

"Come on, why do girls even wear heels?" Miles sighs. I take off the heels, walking on my bare feet on the cold ground.

 Miles stops in his tracks, licks his lips, and says; "Come here." I walk towards him slowly and he faces his back to me, gesturing for me to jump up. I smile subtly before finally jumping ar high as I can.

"you're going to owe me for this." He sighs before finally starting our walk to the car.

 I want to ask Miles why he's being so nice all of a sudden but I decide against it. My head feels a little clouded as I finally sit down in the car, I didn't drink much but I still feel a little tipsy.

"Don't you need to find those girls that we're waiting for you?" I blurt out and almost cover my mouth in horror. Miles smirks with a small chuckle before saying;

"I already have a girl right here I need to attend to." He says and I stare straight ahead with a small smile.

"You hungry?" he asks all of a sudden, breaking the thick air that has now built up in the car. I nod and he smiles as he reverses out of the parking lot.

A SHORT WOMAN brings us our menus and I smile to thank her.

"you two look like a lovely couple." The woman chuckles as she looks at Miles's horns and my veil. Miles smirks before taking a bite of his fry. 

I order a small pizza and the woman leaves with a few more 'lovely couple' comments. I notice Miles's eyes wandering to my dress and I quickly pull up the chest area of my dress.

"I'm not the one you should be worried about." He says before gesturing for me to look behind him.

 I notice two guys much older than us, staring right at me and my small dress. I look down at the table, hoping to avoid eye contact with the two men. 

My pizza arrives along with a tall glass of coke. My mouth feels dry and I'm thirsty for any liquid that isn't alcohol. I take a few sips but the strong bubbles in the soda remind me of the burning liquid from earlier and I find myself scrunching up my nose.

"You don't get out much do you?" he asks and I shake my head proudly. I devour the pizza quickly and Miles leaves a big tip before we stand up. 

As we walk past the two men still eyeing my dress, Miles slams his hand onto their table, startling the two along with the woman that served us earlier.

"Gentlemen." He says with a smirk before resting his hand on the small of my back as we walk out the door. I glance at the small screen in his car; it's four am.

"I can't go back to the dorm, I'll wake Chrissy." I say before realizing that my mouth has spoken my thoughts, the two of us stay silent for a few minutes before Miles finally says; "You can stay in my room." I look at him with wide eyes before he rolls his and explains further; "I'll sleep on the couch downstairs."

"Thank you." I give him a slight smile before we walk back into the home. 

Everyone looks to be long gone, the home is messy and yet empty. We walk up the stairs slowly and he leads me to his room, the upstairs looks to be the only spotless part of the house except for a few red cups lying on the stairs some of which Miles kicked down onto the floor.

"You can take this." He says, pulling the shirt off him. His muscles are tan and the snake hanging on his neck still mesmerizes me, his strong arms hand me the shirt and I give him a warm smile.

"Night, night." He says before closing the door slowly.