Chapter 6: Universe-city

A/N: 27.10.20

OKAY BUT IMPORTANT NEWS EVERYONE!!!

Please leave a vote to support this story. Thank you 🥺❤

Ahaha but for reals, enjoy the new chapter ;)

ALSO, I made a tiktok account dedicated to my books and some Conan The Dandelion videos :) my tiktok is @ij_hidee

🌻🌻🌻

The university was big. Maybe that's why they called it 'univers-ity. It felt like a small universe of its own, filled with its own population composed of students, professors, and other adults. There were foreigners speaking all kinds of languages, buildings for all kinds of subjects ranging from science to philosophy. This place was its own microcosm.

"You're a freshman, right?" Freddie asked, locking the car doors.

"Yes."

Freddie looked around us before lowering his voice. 

"Then you need to be careful. The students here have a tradition called Butinage where they pull dirty pranks on the first years. If anyone asks what year you're in, make sure to tell them you've already got your master's degree."

"But then I'd be lying," I murmured.

"A little lie never hurt anyone. I'd rather not see you get hurt. The pranks can get pretty bad sometimes. We've even had a couple of students who were sent to the hospital last year. The director is heavily against the tradition and says it's prohibited, but he can't control everything that happens in this school."

Freddie pursed his lips, looking at me from head to toe as if my small size worried him. I think it did.

"Be careful, okay? Hide if you have to."

"I'm good at hiding." I smiled. I've been hiding my entire life. Freddie gave me The Look, but then smiled back. 

"Text me if anything happens. You have my number. I have to head to class now, I'll see you around."

I waved at him. "Good bye, Freddie."

Freddie waved back before walking away. I saw him jog up to a group of students, most likely his friends, and the four of them walked towards a building while chatting and laughing. 

I pulled out the school map that I had printed that morning. Despite having a map of the universe-city in my hands, I still got lost. I wasn't very good with directions. I went up to a few students who very kindly took the time to point out where the Philosophy building was, but then I got lost again. I took a few seconds to stop and stare at the trees. Then, I noticed a group of students smoking beside some trash cans, and went up to them.