Chapter 14: Sir Anderson

A/N: 05.12.20

🌻🌻🌻

I made a greater effort to eat my fruits and vegetables, not only because I didn't want Parker and Freddie to worry, but also because Parker came to my house once a week with bags of grocery.

He filled my cupboards with pasta and grains, and supplied my refrigerator with fruits, vegetables, and fish. Every time I asked him how much he spent so I could repay him, he told me he forgot the receipt. Although, I didn't believe him.

He and Freddie would also take me out to eat on Saturday nights, showing me their favorite restaurants and riding the bus with me. I was happy to have met such great friends, and would always be thankful to the universe and fate. Everything was fine until Dr. George Philip sent me a message.

He sent me the address and hour that I had to meet my new doctor. As reluctant as I was, I knew I couldn't disobey him, so I typed in the location into my GPS and headed out.

I arrived at a private clinic, checked in, and met with the doctor. He was a tall man with dark hair and eyes. His handsomeness struck me. Even at his age, which I assumed was in his late forties, he aged like fine wine: a clean shaven angular jaw, distinct cheekbones, thick groomed brows...

The only features that gave away his age were the few extra lines on his face. I walked into his office and we went through the usual medical protocol. When he took down notes, I couldn't help but stare at him. He looked familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on a name. Perhaps we had met in another life.

"Your heart seems to beat at a normal rate," he said, removing the blood pressure cuff from my arm. "Have you had any other problems apart from the dizziness?"

"No, sir."

I knew I should have addressed him as doctor, but I felt like 'sir' suited him just as well.

"Dr. Philip informed me you had problems eating. Have you been working on that?"

"I've been trying."

"We'll check the scale. You'll need to take your clothes off."

My eyes dropped from his merciless dark eyes, and I stared at my lap. My jeans looked bigger. Or perhaps I became smaller.

"Can I keep my clothes on?" I asked.

"I need to write down your exact weight."

"I can weigh myself and tell you the number," I suggested.

His voice remained indifferent.

"I have to assist you during this process. We have patients who lie about their weight."

"I promise I won't lie," I frowned, feeling great discomfort.

"I believe you." His husky voice softened, and I looked up at him. "But as a doctor, I need to follow the rules, or I wouldn't be a doctor, would I?"

"You would, just not a good one."

A smile grew on Dr. Anderson's lips, and he looked even more handsome. I wondered if the women in this clinic ever got distracted working with him.

I tried to negotiate with Dr. Anderson, but he seemed to be a man who was firm on the rules. He was a good doctor, but I didn't think it played in my favor.

We went to a room with lots of medical supplies. I took my clothes off but kept my briefs. Dr. Anderson showed no interest in my body and remained professional the entire time. I mounted on the scale, gulping air, hoping it would increase the number, and Dr. Anderson wrote the results.