Chapter 8: By chance

A/N: 31.10.2020

I decided to do a double update in honor of Halloween. Enjoy 🎃🍂

🌻🌻🌻

Freddy bent forward, clutching his stomach as he burst into laughter.

"Great job, Conan," he cackled when I finished telling him what happened. Parker's eyes drilled at Freddy who simply raised his shoulders.

"Serves you right. You're always being a jerk," Freddy said.

"I didn't mean to dirty his shoes," I murmured quietly.

"It doesn't matter. My shoes are still dirty," Parker snapped.

"I'm-"

He shot me a glare.

"Don't you dare apologize again."

"Okay."

"Parker, can't you be nicer?" Freddy sighed, recovering from his giggles.

"Oh, you mean to the guy who ruined my favorite pair of shoes?" Parker said. I felt guilty, and was about to apologize, but remembered that Parker didn't like it when I did, so I remained silent. Freddy began to scold Parker for not being civil enough with his words while Parker ogled a girl who walked past us, his eyes lingering on her breasts and then her swaying hips.

"... Are you even listening?" Freddy snapped.

"Absolutely," Parker smirked. I turned towards the window, blinking in surprise when one of Parker's shoe was missing.

"Parker, a bird just stole your shoe," I murmured.

"Is that some kind of philosophical metaphor?"

I shook my head and pointed out the window at the large bird that had swooped down and took away one his sneakers.

"Look. A bird is flying away with your shoe," I repeated.

Parker followed the direction of my finger, his eyes widening when he saw that his shoe was dangling in the air, held by the talons of what looked like an eagle.

"Do you know how expensive those shoes are?!" He cried, outraged. He stuck his head out the window and started yelling, "Hey, dumb fucker! Fly back here with my shoe!"

"I don't think it speaks English," I told him. The bird pooped, and Freddy couldn't control his laughter.

"That shithead," Parker sneered. He turned towards me. "Conan, hand me a notebook so I can throw it at the bird."

"Okay." I opened my bag and handed him my brand new notebook that I was going to use for today. Before Parker could throw it, Freddy snatched it out of his hand.

"You are not throwing Conan's notebook out the window!" Freddy hissed, putting it back into my bag and zipping it shut.

"Dandelion, hand me the notebook," Parker ordered, giving out his hand. I was about to open my bag but Freddy stopped me.

"No, don't give it to him."

"Conan doesn't mind!" Parker growled.

"Because he's too nice to say no!"

"Conan, if you're my friend, you'll give me the notebook."

"Conan, if you're my friend, you won't give him your notebook. I was your friend first," Freddie said.

"Yeah, well, if Dandelion wasn't a weirdo, he said he'd date me," Parker huffed proudly.

"And that is relevant how?"