The Next Right Thing

(YOUR POV) 

I cried until I had no more tears left. In all my time with Maaleifent I've seen him at his darkness and I stood by his side throughout it but this, this was cold and empty without him. The light I knew with him and Aroura had finally set into darkness waiting for me to succumb. 

I've never felt such grief, like gravity, it pulls me down. Since the begin, I've been his side but now he's gone a place that I can't find.

I felt Estella sat next to me on the wooden bench and gently touched my shoulder causing me to look up to her. She offered me a sympathetic smile. 

"My dear, you've been blinded by grief but you must move on and do the next right thing, if not for you but your love for Maleficent" She told me as she stood up and offered me her hand to get up.

I place my hand in her's and stood up.

"I don't know what to do next" I whispered as I held my bead down, feeling tears coming to my eyes. 

"How can I get up if he's not going be there?"

"Then do it for yourself Y/n" She told me.

"You are already are up, just take it step" She then pulled me causing me to stumble towards 

"Step again" She pulled me again until we were out of the bench.

Her antics caused me to smile.

"I can't look too far ahead, I would be too much for me to take"  I honestly told her.

"Well then breaking down to your next breath, your next step, your next choice. It's one you can make, I know you can and  I'll be here to be to guide you towards the light and help you make the do the next right thing" She offered.

I smiled and hugged her.

"Thank you, Estella, I could really use the support"  

She wrapped her arms around me, hugging me back. 

"Thing's won't ever be the same" I told her as I separated the hug.

"But. I'll make sure and make that choice and do the next right thing" I started confidently.

I wished my heart didn't ack with the lose of Maleficent but I know I can't let anything happen to the Moors, it was our home together and I'm going to make sure to protect the Moors, for Maleficent's sake. 

That's when the sound of trumpets was heard. 

"To all that living in the Moors" The voice echoed loudly, causing me look around confused where it was coming from.

"Don't worry, it's a device the Royals use to make announcements so everyone to hear" Estella explained to me.

"Oh" 

"...and kingdoms far and wide, the king and queen invite you... to attend the wedding... of their son Philip to Aurora in three days' time. All are welcome. And all are expected!" 

Estella and I shared a word look.

"Trap?" 

I nodded.

"Trap" 

"We must warn the others" I told her. 

"Yes but first I have a few people I'll have to talk to"