𝔉𝔬𝔲𝔯: 𝔓𝔞𝔯𝔱 𝔒𝔫𝔢

Georgio POV

The day had started off like any normal one, with me in my office head down in my work.

I didn't come out of my office much, some would say that I didn't come out at all in these last 15 years. The only time I did come out was when I had to travel for a business meeting, but most of the meetings were held in my office, I preferred it that way. 

As I completed a form, my eldest son came barging through the door. I looked up to see him out of breath and panting. It looked like he'd ran a marathon. His green eyes full of happiness sparkled and his lips were turned up in a huge genuine smile.

This sight alone shocked me. I had never seen my son so happy. Not since Alexandra was taken.

This had to be important.

"What's got you so happy?" His smile only grew, if that was even possible.
"I've found her dad, I've found her, she's coming home, we can bring her home!"

I sat there stunned. His words sinking in. The day we had all been waiting for was finally here. We had found our baby. She was coming home.

I grabbed my son and we both made our way downstairs to tell the others to get ready.

Our baby was coming home.

Time skip

We all piled in to the car. Everyone sat in comfortable silence. We had been driving for around two and a half hours now and we were nearly there.

Apparently, Alexandra was currently at school and by the time we would get there, we would be just in time for the start of her first lesson.

I was nervous. I mean I haven't seen her in 15 years. A lot can change during that time. I don't know how she's been or what has happened in her life or even who her friends are.
Will she still be the same over excited 2 year old I know?

Will she even know who I am? Will she blame us for her being taken?

This killed me the most. I wanted my baby to know that we have been fighting to find her and that we didn't let her go. I wanted her to know the truth.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by the twins telling me to get out of the car. They were extremely excited to meet their baby sister as they were only 3 when she was taken.

Although they were so young, they still remember her and missed her just as much as the older kids.
I remember the day like it was yesterday.

Flashback

I had just come back from a business meeting with some colleagues. The downstairs of the house was eerily quite.
'That's odd, the boys are never quiet'

I heard screams erupting from the second floor. I ran upstairs in record time. My children were upstairs I had to save them.

I reached for my gun as I neared the sound of the screams. They were unmistakably the screams of my boys.

I burst through Alexandra's room door. The scene in front of me pained my heart. My eldest Alfonso who was 9 at the time and my second oldest Matteo who was 7 were in tears tearing the room apart whilst repeating the phrase "Where are you, come back, please."

Whilst this was happening, my other two sons Damien and Elias the twins, were screaming and crying on the floor in a pool full of tears. I realised someone was missing.