Chapter 12

(y/n) POV

"MAMA!" I shouted as I stabbed Tiamat into the bottom of the cube freeing myself, "You're getting on my nerves darling. While I won't kill you, I have no problems with knocking you out." Mama said, "I'd like to see you try." I said as I transformed into my adult form, suddenly Ascalon appeared in my hand, "Interesting." she said, "Now move or I'll be forced to kill you as well." I said as I readied my blade, "You'd throw away your short life for what? A slim chance of saving Big Sis Sis?" she said, "Even if I can't save them both, I can at least save one!" I said as I slashed into one of her perfect cubes and smirked, "What's so funny?" she asked, "Cruel Sun!" I shouted as the flames from my blade formed into a miniature sun on the tip before it exploded knocking my mother into a wall, "ABSOLUTE ORDER!" I shouted, "If you try to stop me then I will die." I said, "HOW COULD YOU! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT YOU JUST DID?!" she said as she cried, "You put me in a position to where if I try to save the man I love I murder my baby!" she cried, "I know." I said as I walked towards Meliodas and stabbed an empty cacoon, "What?!" I said, "Fool." Meliodas said as he plunged his hand through my chest grasping my heart, "(Y/N)!" Mom cried, suddenly my heart was encased in a perfect cube before my darkness pulled it back into my body and healed my wounds, but my energy was spent and I passed out as I returned to normal.

Merlin POV

"MY BABY!" I cried as I caught (y/n) and held him close, "You're going to be alright, Mama's going to keep you safe." I said as I rocked him in my arms and wiped the blood from the corners of his mouth, "My sweet baby." I said sweetly. I knew what must be done, we've always known, but I just couldn't bring myself to let it happen. I sat (y/n) down gently and picked up his sword, I felt the immense power Avalon held, 'Is this what you felt, Arthur?' I thought, "No matter." I said as I glared at Meliodas, 'I might love you...' I thought, "BUT YOU HURT MY BABY AND I CANNOT FORGIVE THAT!" I shouted as I teleported the sword into Meliodas's heart and forced the flames to well up within his body incinerating him from within, I fell to my knees in tears before I felt a small warm touch my leg, I looked down and saw that (y/n) dragged himself over to me and was trying to comfort me. I was grateful that we weren't alone since the others held off Zeldres and the others. I pulled (y/n) into a hug and sobbed.

(y/n) POV

Once the fighting was over Mom and I returned to the Bore Hat while the others went to kill Estarosa, I lifted Absolute Order since Meliodas was dead now, "Mom." I said, "I know. You still can't use Absolute Cancel yet, can you? Looks like you still need your mommy to help you after all." Mom said softly as she looked over to Terra, "Absolute Cancel." she said returning Terra to her true form. "Now for you." she said, "No." I said, "What?" she said, "Camalot needs a king. And I'm the only king here and I'm next in the line of secession." I said, "So I shall stay how I am for my people. It's what he would've done." I said.

Several months later

"Your highness, funding must be diverted. While you're putting the people first is granting you immense popularity amongst the masses, the castle being in the state it now shows our enemies that we are weak!" the royal treasurer said, "(y/n)!" a little girl cried as she ran to me.

 While you're putting the people first is granting you immense popularity amongst the masses, the castle being in the state it now shows our enemies that we are weak!" the royal treasurer said, "(y/n)!" a little girl cried as she ran to me

"Cuddle!" she said happily as she jumped onto my lap, "And as for your daughter. Children should be seen not heard, and seen very little at that." the royal treasurer said, "My family would say otherwise. Children can do amazing things if you let them. A child can learn to do what seems impossible. A child could save a life. A child could save the world. Although I might be holding my future children to too high of standards." I said, "And you're wrong. She's not my daughter, she's my wife." I said, "What!" he said in shock, "So you're shocked more about me having a wife who's older than me than the fact you have a three-year-old for a king?" I said, "My lord, your guests have arrived." Morgana said, "It's about time." I said.

"MOMMY!" Terra said happily as she ran to her mother, "It's good to see you again Mira." I said as my mother-in-law hugged me, "I wish I could've been at the wedding." Mira said, "And it seems I have the responsibility of entertaining a God." I said as the Supreme Deity appeared in the throne room with us. "So you can sense my presence now. You've grown a lot in the short time since we last met." the Supreme Deity said, "Well I always have room to improve." I said, "Indeed, I'd expect nothing less from the one I entrusted my blade to." she said.