Chapter 3

Merlin POV

"Ok Captain, I'd like you to show us what you can do." I said, "Alright." the captain said, "FROZEN SHELL!" Guinevere said as a large spire of ice formed where (y/n) and Mordred were "playing", "(y/n)!" I said as we ran towards the icy spire.

"WHAT'S GOING ON?!" Morgana shouted, "It would seem, Queen Guinevere, has taken a liking to my son." I said.

(y/n) POV

"I've always wanted children, but that fool Arthur only has eyes for your mother!" Guinevere said as she nuzzled me, "Mama!" I said as I tried to escape, "Aw it's alright, I won't let that mean old knight harm a single hair on your head." She said, "(y/n)." Mama said as she appeared in front of us, "Mama!" I said happily, "My (y/n) Guinevere said, "So you know then?" Mama said, "That's right. And I understand why you didn't tell Arthur, but he deserves to know." Guinevere said, "Who told you?" Mama asked, "It was Mordred. He told (y/n) and I overheard them." Guinevere said, "I see, so what will you do?" Mama asked, "Well (y/n) is my stepson so I think I'll try to make up for all the times I was rude towards him." Guinevere said, "In truth, I've always wanted to be a mother. So when I married Arthur I thought I would finally have my wish fulfilled, but he fell in love with another and I became nothing more than an afterthought. I grew cold and distant. I'm well aware that the citizens of Camalot refer to me as the Cold-hearted Ice Queen, but I have to be the one to take Arthur's place when he goes out to who knows where for some God forsaken reason. I suppose that when I heard that you were going to have a child I became jealous, and I took my frustrations out on poor (y/n)." She said, "I understand. But know that I never saw you as a threat to my son. If I had you wouldn't be here. Sure I had to hold myself back when you hit (y/n) for whatever reason, but most of the time he deserved it. You only truly disciplined him when you had to and you never went any further than a single slap when it was necessary. You were acting in the same way a mother would." Mama said, "(y/n), you will spend time with the Queen. She is your stepmother after all." She said, "Really?!" Guinevere said, "Yes this benefits me as well. With Arthur returning home to Camalot and my rejoining the Seven Deadly Sins, my work is unsuited for children to be present for. So with (y/n) here I can focus on my work. Plus I don't need him copying any magic abilities behind my back." Mama said as she teleported away. "(y/n) while you're here you will not leave my side. Despite what you may think Camalot can be very dangerous and I wouldn't be able to live with myself if something happened to you." Guinevere said, "Ok." I said as the ice vanished, "Captain we're leaving. I'm leaving (y/n) here with the Queen." Mama said, "WHAT?! But lady Merlin I'm his aunt aren't I? Wouldn't (y/n) be more comfortable in the care of someone he's familiar with and someone who hasn't tried to hit him on multiple occasions." Auntie Morgana said, "Morgana, the Queen was only disciplining him. Something that you wouldn't do. You see she has a strong maternal instinct." Mama said, "Now say, goodbye Captain." She said, "Bye (y/n). If you ever feel homesick you're always welcome at the Boar Hat." Meliodas said as he and Mama teleported back to Liones. "This is no fair!" Auntie said as Guinevere picked me up and carried me to her room.

Guinevere POV

"Now that I know that you're my stepson we need to come up with something for you to call me. It shouldn't be formal, and it must be easy for you to remember." I said, "Mommy." (y/n) said as he pointed at me, "M...Mommy! Y...Yes, that'll do just fine my dear. Now come to Mommy." I said, suddenly he disappeared and reappeared behind me groping my chest, "(Y/N)! WHERE ON EARTH DID YOU LEARN SOMETHING LIKE THIS!" I said, "Meliodas." He said innocently, "(y/n) sweetie." I said as I pulled him out from behind me and sat him on my lap, "It's not nice to do that to people, and Meliodas is going to get slapped for doing that." I said, "Now from now on why don't you give me a hug instead, but feel free to do that to Morgana. Poor girl can't get a man to save her life." I said.