37

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Charlie's POV

It was like everything I had done to all those women I chose to get my sexual frustration out on, well they really were just that.

There were no strings attached anymore. I regretted it. The women yes but something else.

I'd written Camilla a letter, saying about her being my wife ...and now I regretted it.She had hurt me too much for me to possibly forgive her ... why had I written that stupid letter. But then again, I had hurt her now. Were we equal? Was that a bad thing?

Jake's voice startled me out of my regret session as he greeted Meghan, who was now here.

She turned to me and smiled, and brought me into a hug.

"I'm sorry, I should have warned you that she's here, you should have told me you were coming to see me Char." She whispered in my ear.

"I know, I just need to talk to you, it's important Meghan." I said seriously.

She nodded her hair and motioned for us to follow her. In that space, we had to walk past where Camilla's desk was, unfortunately.

My best plan was to ignore her, I mean, what could go bad about that?

My eyes latched onto her, to find her already looking at me, I quickly directed my attention straight ahead of me, and walked straight past her desk, without a second glance in her direction.

Once we made it to Meghan's office, I let out a breath. That was one time, I'd have to get used to it sooner or later, I mean I had to walk past her to leave this bloody place, let alone seeing her at the trial.

"So, what's wrong C?" Meghan spoke as she flipped through the pile of papers that sat upon her desk.

Her office was posh, very spacious and had windows surrounding it, of course one side of them being a view of the city and the rest workplace. Everyone could see our interaction.

I turned my back to the window and leaned on her desk.

"Did you know?" I asked.

"What?!" She asked, confused.

"About dad, he would have needed help, so was it you?" I questioned, my voice low.

"Charlie, I am your sister, of course I didn't know, you might want to try looking closer to home before turning to me." She snapped.

"What the hell does that mean?!" I shouted towards her.

She shook her head and ignored me.

"Meghan, don't test my patience, you're the only family I have left." I snapped back.

"I'm sorry Charlie, you just might want to keep an eye closer to home, just speculation C, don't get angry about it, I had nothing to do with what dad's decided and I sure as hell won't be sat behind him, I'll be beside you the whole time. I won't leave you Charlie" she said aggressively.

I nodded and turned to Jake. He moved forward to give Meghan the documents of how we are going to get dad to go down for what he's done.

Camilla's dad had actually already got in touch to be my lawyer and I needed Meghan to testify. She grabbed the papers, sending Jake a flirtatious smile and read aloud.

I shot her a warning glance in which she ignored and carried on reading.

Jake came back to stand next to me, waiting for Meghan to sign so we could leave and get settled in at the apartment Sophia had bought for us to stay in, obviously with my money though.

"C, are you sure?" She asked, worried.

"Yes Meghan, he deserves everything he gets, I'm gonna fuck with his life like he did mine." I seethed out. She nodded and signed the paper.

Jake went to retrieve it back, a little smile growing on his face, but I yanked him back.

"I'm watching you" I said, playfully but with an edge to it which always managed to catch him out.

He looked at me worried and then shoved me to get the paper when he noticed my smug expression.

"And you," I said to Meghan, " If you want a relationship with Jake, at least warn me about it ." I said and picked up the paper and made a move to leave.

"And if you want a relationship with one of my employees, at least warn me about it." She said, smug but dropped her smile when she noticed my deadly expression.

"I promise I won't, she's broke my heart once it won't happen again." I said, smiled and then left.

I was all for teasing but if it evolved around Camilla, there was nothing funny about it. I had managed to make it past Camilla's desk, but was stopped on the next one as a women blocked my way.

"I'm gonna need you to move Miss." Jake said, fire in his eyes.

"Just came to see what the bother was about, never seen you before, are you the new secretary for Meghan?!"
She said, getting bitchy.

I rose and eyebrow.

"Well?!" She shouted, gathering the attention of everyone on the fucking floor.

"Look, you can't come in here and just steal the job that was set up for me, you bitch." She seethed out, taking a step towards you.

Jake place an arm towards her, which stopped her from moving.

"Step back please." Jake said coldly.

"Who's this your boyfriend." She snarled out. She smacked his hand away and I crossed my arms, bored.

She rambled and rambled and rambled as I stood and looked around. Hmm, it really was a nice view.

"Jake look at the view, it's beautiful, we'll have to ask Meghan to move my desk down here, considering she has a soft spot for me?"I said to Jake, pointing towards the window.

"Yes it is very nice, we'll have to have one of our dates here, can't see a better view than that." He caught on fast.

She snarled again and her hand moved fast towards my face, but not fast enough. I managed to catch it, and yank her closer towards me.

"I'd watch it if I were you, no need to get touchy, I wonder what Meghan will think about it." I warned, which she brushed off rather fast.

Obviously she didn't know who I was, but everyone else here did. The tension was high but Jake's laugh broke the silence.

He held onto his stomach, tears starting to form in his eyes.

"What the fuck are you laughing at?" She sneered towards him. I turned towards him, confusion written over my face. He pointed around the room, to other people who were already laughing.

Half of these people here, were in fact part of my mafia. I smiled smugly towards them all and turned back to the girl.

"Meg come and see this!" I shouted, startling Meghan as she rushed out of her office.

"What Charlie?" She asked, exasperated.
Her eyes took in the scene before her and her expression turned deadly.

"Let her go Charlie." I raised my hands in defence and the woman looked on, a smirk forming on her face.

"Sorry boss."I said and bowed, earning another low chuckle from my people.

---------------------------------------------------------------

'Let the sky fall' Adele

Lovellyyyy

👋