44

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Camilla's POV

I didn't really know what to do with myself with all this. I couldn't show up somewhere I wasn't welcome. But I couldn't just sit either. So I'd been with my dad. I had sick leave of work for the trial and I had been at my dad's office, trying to help him dig up any dirt we could find on Mr Monaco.

But because he was the ex mafia king, it was proving hard to find anything at the minute. They cleaned up good after themselves, that's for sure.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Charlie's POV

The day that followed wasn't trial either. Mr Henderson had called me this morning explaining that the judge had to postpone due to family illness or something.

After hearing this, Mr Henderson also told me to head over to his office. But today I had to watch Damon, so it looked like he was coming with me. To the office, to talk about things that no child wants to talk about.

--------

A knock was heard at my door, and my feet rushed to stand up in time to get it. My hand wrapped around the handle and pulled the door open. Damon.

"Bear!" He said, excited, as he came running into my apartment and straight to the tv. What a lovely hello.

"Well, hello to you too bud." I said sarcastically, shutting the door and running to him to half squash him in a hug on the sofa.

"Charlie!" He shrieked, giggling.

"You're killing me!!" He laughed out.

My hands moved to hug him, as my head rested on his stomach.

"Charlie-bear?" He questioned.

"Yes buddy?" I asked softly.

"What's wrong?" He asked, his cute little baby face turning into a concerned looking puppy.

"Damon, we can't stay here today, we've got to go to work." I said to him, defeated.

His sudden movement startled me as he jumped up to hug me back.

"We're going to work?!!" He shouted, excited.

I laughed, " Yes matey, is that okay with you?" I asked, sarcastically, knowing full well that he wanted to go.

"What?! Are you silly Bear, I get to see where you work, all the cool things and all the cool people. Wait, do you have one of them cars like James Bond. Oh, or one of those shields like Wonder Woman...!" He rambled on excitedly, dragging me out the apartment and towards the lift.

We headed down to the ground floor as he rambled my ears off with all of his crazy ideas about what we had at work.

Bearing in mind the fact that we didn't have any colleagues that could turn green and fight anyone...(Hulk).

I quickly sent a text to Jake to at least get Damon something to keep his imagination running. I'll get him Wonder Woman's shield.

But a plush version so he won't hurt anyone by accidentally dropping it on their foot or accidentally letting go of the handle when swinging it around the room when fighting off his worst enemy and it flying through the window ... that did in fact break yes. Oh, by the way, that did actually all happen.

We got in my personal car as I had decided to drive myself today. Why not? I had Damon.

He got in his seat in the back as I strapped the belt in, then moving round to the driver's seat.

"What do you want to listen to bud?" I questioned, glancing back at him as I pulled out of the apartment car park.

"Sweet Melody!!" He squealed from the back .

Yes ... Little Mix. He loved women as I said earlier.

We both sang through the whole of the song and arrived to Mr Henderson's office. No, this wasn't my workplace, but it was close enough to being it. I couldn't risk taking Damon there, and I knew that here would have top security no matter what.

I swerved into a parking space and jumped out the car, going round to get Damon out.

"Bear, can we go to the cars first ... pleaseeee." He begged.

Now we didn't have any Bond cars here, but we had extra armoured cars and I knew that he would love them.

"Okay, come here." I motioned to pick him up.

He came into my arms and settled on my front, as I locked the car and carried him to reception.

"Woah, it's so big!" He exclaimed.

I smiled towards him and stopped as we came to the receptionist. I think she was new though.

"Who you here for?" She asked, bored, not even looking up from her phone.

"Mr Henderson." I said simply, walking away from her before she even registered the M from Mr.

Yes I was here for Mr Henderson, but I had told Damon we would look at the cars, so I didn't go to the lift, I went to the garage. The oversized, overfilled garage.

"Where are we going Bear?" Damon whispered, shy because of the amount of people passing us.

"If I told you, I'd have to kill you." I said smugly. He slapped my shoulder lightly and pouted.

"Awh, don't pout bud, we're here." I said, pushing the door open as a few armoured car's were being cleaned.

His face lit up as he jumped from my arms, going up to the first car he saw, which happened to be a Mercedes Benz 500 4x4. It was actually one of my favourites. It was Matt black inside and out, and it was just such a powerful looking car.

I ran after him, as he struggled getting onto the steps that led up to it, getting help from one of the workers who easily lifted him and put him on the back seat.

"Thank you." I said, catching up to Damon and the worker.

He nodded towards me and smiled, walking off to busy himself with his job.

"Damon, don't run away." I scolded him, under my breath. He looked up, guiltily avoiding my eyes.

"Don't be so hard on him, he's having fun." A soft voice broke our silence.

My head turned to the noise, which was in fact the person who I was least looking forward to.

"Who are you?" Damon asked, shyly.

"No one, come on, we've got to go to work." I said , picking up Damon and walking him out of the garage and up to the lift, footsteps following me the whole way.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I bet you cant guess who they ran into at Mr Henderson's office... sarcasm... but if you can't then you obviously weren't reading close enough🙃

Thank you fir readdiinnggg.
👋