Twenty-seven

Von

"You sure she okay? I'm scared as hell Bro." Durk sat next to Dezure who had a hot rag on her forehead.

Why this bum have a damn seizure?

We was chilling. Eating wings and she just start shaking out of fucking no where.

Like out of no where.

She was crying earlier so I just thought she was doing it for attention cause that's what she do. She a attention seeker.

So I ignored her and Darren screamed, her mama and dad came. It was crazy.

Why her dad try to fight me?

Big head ass bitch was tryna yell in my face and shit like he ain't got no fucking sense.

Now they sitting in the backyard waiting on Dezure to get up.

"Bitch take the medicine. That's why you having seizures now." India said as she tried to shove two pills in Dezure's mouth.

"No." She cried and pushed her hand away.

"Do it." Sierra yelled. She was holding Dezure's mouth open.

"I hate it here." She cried and drunk the whole bottle of water.

"Sister!" Jerm yelled.

"Excuse me." Dezure cried and tried to walk away.

"Girl what the fuck is you crying for?" Her mama bussed in yelling.

"You think yelling at her is gone make it any better?" Her dad asked. Her mom looked at him before turning towards Dezure.

"My mom died." She wiped her nose.

I looked at her mom confused.

"Oh she must hate you real bad if she took it this far." Monica said as she put a piece of pizza in her mouth.

"No my other mom."

"That's not your damn mom." Her real mom said.

I'm bout confused as hell.

"She was more of a mom than you." She sniffled.

"You adopted?" I blurted out.

"Hell no. She was kidnapped when she was a baby." Darren said.

"The fucking plot thickens." Durk whispered.

"That's still not your damn mom. You don't need to be sad about her. Good her ass died. She should've never took her from us." Her mama said.

I don't like her.

"I don't like you." Durk pointed.

"Insensitive." India pushed passed them.

"Don't push me little girl."

"Not too much on my friend. You not my real mom I'll beat you the fuck up." Monica said.

"You just gone let her talk to ya momma like this?" Jerm asked Darren.

"My mom wouldn't kick me out. My mom wouldn't choose somebody that not her daughter over her real daughter. My mom wouldn't be this insensitive to her child that is obviously going through something." Darren mumbled.

"Get y'all shit. I'm not gone be sitting around here worried when you out here at some ransoms house having seizures." Her mom said.

I went upstairs to dezure. She sat by the window crying making me walk back out. I started laughing hard as hell. Bent over and all.

"It's not fucking funny." She yelled.

"I know it's not funny tink. Aww come here." I tucked my lips in and hugged her.

"No get off me cause you laughing." She said and went to the bathroom slamming the door.

"Mmcht. Dezure stop being mean to me." I knocked on the door.

"You really gone be mean to me like this?"

She opened the door and sat back on the sink.

I wiped my face cause I was finna laugh again.

Why she open the door with her wig hanging off.

Funny asl

"Stop laughing." She chuckled.

"You feel better?"

"No."

"You gotta break this shit down for me cause." I shook my head.

"Basically I was kidnapped when I was a baby and she had me until I was 17. I came home, everything was smooth until my sister amouri came, she lost a fight this one time and then she fought me. My mom and them started making it seem like it was my fault so I left and stayed at my boyfriend house." She said.

"His tacky ass." I mumbled.

I do not like that nigga at all. Ugly ass.

"Anyways, one day, Darren got into a fight and then these big bitches jumped me. I had a miscarriage that day and was diagnosed with Epilepsy. I don't have seizures that much because I keep myself stress free."

"So I broke up with Lamont and went back home. Shit was crazy. Turns out, Amouri was fucking both My ex and Darrens ex out of spite. Which was dumb because I didn't care about him since I was with you now." She said and I nodded.

She bet not care about his stank ass.

"Mhmm. Darrens ex had a STD too. My mom kicked us out and now we are here." She sighed.

"And today I was already having a bad day. Once I got the news that my mom passed, I was just over it. My stress levels shot through the roof and I couldn't take it anymore." She said as she finished with her last braid.

"How long you been here?"

"I would say like 1 year and some change." She mumbled.

She got it bad.

—-hey y'all