10

Hedwig flew over the bustling streets of London, and headed north towards Liverpool. Her wings flapped in the cold night, but she was silent as ever. It was a long journey. She passed rolling hills, and countryside, and passing traffic far below her. She would need to hunt tonight after her delivery. And perhaps stop off in London before going to Scotland.

'Honestly, Harry had better have several treats for me when I get back to him.'

Hedwig arrived at her destination four hours later. She circled a Muggle residence, and then landed where she knew she would be seen. She tapped the window with her beak, and waited until someone opened it.

A balding man with a rat-like face opened the window, and Hedwig dropped the letter to the floor, and pooped on the man's head, before screeching and flying back out.

Wormtail cursed at the bird, as he cleaned his head with a towel. He inspected the letter, and saw that it was addressed to a T.M.R. He wondered who that could be.

"Wormtail!" Lord Voldemort called from the sitting room. "What are you doing?"

"N-nothing, m-my Lord!" Wormtail squeaked, as he hurriedly made his way back to his master. "This came by owl, my Lord."

Wormtail handed over the letter. "I- I don't know who sent it. It may be a mistake."

Wormtail's head was bowed, so he did not see the flash of fear in the Dark Lord's red eyes, when he read to whom the letter was addressed to.

"Go feed Nagini, Wormtail." Voldemort said. When his servant left, he opened the letter and read it.

Dear Tom,
I have some information that may be of some interest to you.
It's about what happened on Halloween, fourteen years ago.
Could we meet up and discuss it? (No Death Eaters.)
I'd appreciate a response as soon as possible.

- Harry.

P.S: This is not a trap. And you'll have to use your own owl.

Voldemort glared at the letter.

'That Potter boy is mocking me! And how dare he call me by my given name! Not a trap? HA! As if I'd fall for it! No, I will not meet with you, Harry Potter! And Dumbledore, you will have to try a lot harder to get me to drop my guard.'

Voldemort burned the letter, and went to meet with his Death Eaters.

≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈

Harry was being chased by Dudley and his gang.... Petunia was shouting at Harry for exploding a pitcher of water.... Vernon was beating Harry.... Harry was back in the graveyard, and saw Cedric being killed by Wormtail.... James was yelling to Lily for her to get away before Voldemort got to Harry.... Lily being killed by a blinding green light.... Dumbledore's face looming at Harry....

You are not even trying!" Snape screamed for the third time that evening.

"I am!" Harry shouted back, as he got up from the floor.

"You are not! You are showing me your fears! You are giving me weapons! Perhaps you like this connection between you and the Dark Lord. Or you feel like you're special because of it."

"Well, what if it is useful?" Harry asked. "I mean, I did see what happened to Mr. Weasley! What if I used this connection for something good?"

Snape laughed mockingly. "That connection between you and the Dark Lord is a threat to so many people's lives! You need to close it, before it gets someone killed. You are not that special, Potter. Now, again!"