3

Harry was hyperventilating.

Voldemort had killed his dad, but not his mum. Dumbledore had killed Lily. Was Voldemort innocent? What was Dumbledore thinking?! How could he do that?! And what was supposed to come?

Harry wiped his face, knowing that the Headmaster could appear at any moment. He couldn't let on that he'd seen anything. Harry closed the cabinet and went back to stroking Fawkes, hoping he would be calm.

Professor Dumbledore came back in his office and smiled at Harry. "Sorry for making you wait. What was it you wanted to tell me?"

Harry made sure his voice was calm and even. "I had a dream during Divination, Sir. I saw Voldemort torturing Wormtail- Er, Pettigrew. And I woke up because my scar was hurting. I just thought you should know."

"Thank you for telling me, Harry." Dumbledore said.

"Sir? Do you know why I'm having these dreams? Or why my scar hurts?"

"I believe there may be a connection between you and Lord Voldemort. And I have a theory that when he is feeling a certain strong emotion, or when he is near you, it will cause your scar to hurt."

"Oh."

"Is that all?" Dumbledore asked, peering closely at Harry. Harry didn't look him directly in the eyes, but instead focused on a spot just above. "Yes, Sir."

"Very well. Return to your lessons."

Harry left the office and walked slowly down the corridor. Then he broke into a run and hurried to the Owlery.

"Hedwig!" Harry called.

His snowy white owl soared down from the rafters and landed next to him . Harry had pulled out some parchment and ink and quill, and was scrawling a letter to Sirius. As soon as he finished, Harry blew on it a couple of times to make sure the ink was dried and then he folded it up and sealed it. He made a second letter with the exact same details, only this one was addressed to Remus.

"Hedwig, I need you to give this letter tied to your left leg to Sirius. And this one," Harry tied it to her right leg, "To Remus. It's urgent! And only give it if both of them are alone, or even if they are together. Do not let anyone find this! Especially Albus Dumbledore. Okay, Girl?"

Hedwig ruffled her feather importantly and rubbed her cheek against Harry's to comfort him. Harry petted her, and then she took off.

Harry took calming breaths, hoping that he might forget what's happened. But he knew he couldn't. He needed to tell someone who was here in the castle! Someone he could trust!

That night, Harry waited until he, Hermione and Ron were the last ones awake in the Common Room, and that was when he told them what he had seen in the Pensieve.

"Harry, you're not making any sense," Hermione said as soon as he'd finished. "Why would Dumbledore kill your mum?"

"I don't know! But he did! I saw it-"

"Dumbledore's not a killer, Harry." Ron said. "He's the only one You-Know-Who is afraid of. We're safest with him."

"I don't think we are. Ron, think about it! If Voldemort is so bad and powerful, why would he be afraid of a wizard who's on the light side?"

"Because Dumbledore is better than him." Ron answered.

"Harry, are you sure this wasn't just another part of your dream?" Hermione said.

"Don't you believe me?" Harry asked.

There was a pregnant pause. Then Ron said, "Sure, mate." And Hermione nodded.

They went up to bed, leaving Harry to wonder how things had ended up this way.

≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈

Harry got a response from Sirius and Remus the next morning.

Harry,
If what you've told me is true, then you are not safe. Just focus on getting through this last task. Keep your wits about you. Trust your gut.
-Snuffles.

Dear Harry,
What you wrote to me is very concerning. Do not do anything! Focus on this last task. Do not trust anyone! I'll sort this out.
Good luck!
-R.J.L.

PS: Burn this immediately.

Harry finished eating and went outside the Great Hall and whispered incendio! and set both letters on fire. Then he went back in to meet with the other champions and their families.

After the third task

Harry couldn't believe it! Cedric was dead! And Voldemort was back! And Dumbledore still would not let Harry go anywhere, but to the Dursleys' for the summer!

The end of the year could not have come sooner. Harry had lost his best friends, and he was sure he was going to have a rotten summer.

On the train, while Ron and Hermione found a compartment together, Harry went to an empty one in the back. An hour into the journey, Harry's compartment door slid open, and Malfoy sat on the seat opposite Harry.

"Hey Potter. Why aren't you sitting with Weasley?"

Harry just shrugged. "Thanks, by the way. For helping me with the second task."

"You're welcome." Malfoy said. "Potter... What happened in the maze?"

Harry stared out the window. "Voldemort's back. Your father was there. And Crabbe's and Goyle's. But I didn't tell anyone about that. Dumbledore just knows the basics."

"I'd have thought you'd be telling Dumbledore, seeing as you two are so close." Draco sneered.

Harry couldn't keep it in any longer. A tear slid down his cheek. And then another, and another. "He's not the man I thought he was... He's..." Harry swallowed. "Sorry."

Draco blinked in confusion. He didn't understand what had just happened, but he figured that Potter needed a friend. And clearly Granger and Weasley weren't going to be that for him.

Draco offered Harry his handkerchief and then they both sat in silence for the rest of the journey. Harry was thinking about his upcoming summer with his relatives, and how horrible this year had been. Draco was lost in thought thinking about what could be making Harry Potter be so upset.

When the train stopped at Platform 9 3/4, Harry and Malfoy got off together. Harry could see Hermione, Ron and the other Weasleys leaving the platform, and a cloud of misery formed around him. He wished they'd believe him, but their loyalty to Dumbledore was just too strong.

"Have a good summer," Harry said to Draco.

"You too." And Draco watched Harry cross through the gate that separated the wizarding world from the muggle, before going over to his parents.

On the other side of the gate, Harry saw his aunt and uncle waiting for him. He took a deep breath and followed them to their car.

This summer would be a weird one.....

_____________
1110 Words