22

AN: End of chapter has a little homophobic-esque paragraph. If this is triggering to you, Dear Reader, please feel free to scroll past it!

(I'll add a warning of where it is, and where you can skip to. Look for "Ω" and the "•".)
____________________

It was the first of September, and Harry was standing in King's Cross Station about to go through the barrier. He was also dreading what Draco had in mind. What if something went wrong? What if Harry messed up, and blew the whole thing? What if someone didn't believe them?

"Ready Harry?" Sirius asked.

Harry was brought back to the present, and he nodded. He and Sirius walked through the barrier between platforms 9 and 10, and they were standing next to the Hogwarts Express.

Sirius hugged Harry. "I'm sure whatever is going on with Draco, it's not anything too serious."

"Right..." Harry said.

"Have a good term, Harry!" Sirius called, as Harry boarded the train.

Harry waved back, and then went to find a compartment. Harry went to what was soon becoming his usual compartment, in the back of the train. He sat in on the bench and stared out the window. He could see Sirius talking to Mr. Weasley.

The train let out a final whistle and began chugging out of the station. Sirius waved to Harry, along with Mr. and Mrs. Weasley. Harry smiled and stuck his head out the window to wave back. Then he sat back in his seat, and decided to pass away the time by sleeping.

≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈•≈

An hour and a half into the journey, Harry, Ron, and Hermione were sitting in their compartment, enjoying their food from the trolley. Harry had been checking his watch every ten minutes, and he looked towards the door for the 50th time.

"Harry, I don't think he's coming." Ron told him, empathetic.

"Maybe he's held up somewhere?" Harry asked. "I'm going to go look for him."

"Harry, maybe you should-" Hermione said.

But Harry had already slid the door shut.

Hermione sighed, and shook her head.

Harry walked down the narrow corridors, looking for the compartment Draco would be in.

Harry finally found Draco sitting in a compartment with five other Slytherins. Draco was lying across the seats, his head in Pansy's lap. She was brushing a hand through his hair, a smile on her pug-like face. Harry felt a bit of jealousy towards her.

'This is so stupid!' Harry thought. 'There's no way people are going to believe us!'

Harry steeled himself, and opened the compartment door.

Instantly six pairs of eyes were on him, and he felt really self-conscious.

"What do you want, Potter?" Draco drawled.

"Er... I need to talk to you...." Harry said.

Draco rolled his eyes, and fixed Harry with a cool expression.

"Fine."

Draco followed Harry down a few compartments to the train doors.

Draco's friends had stuck their heads out of the compartment and were watching the two boys.

"What did you want to talk to me about?" Draco asked, his arms crossed.

"We were supposed to sit together...." Harry said lamely.