He Protects You

💚Thomas:
"You and your shuck girlfriend have been nothing but trouble!" Gally roars at Thomas, who has an expression of pure courage. You admire his confidence as you cower behind him.
"Don't insult her like that, she didn't do anything. Neither did I." Thomas spat.
"You know exactly what you're doing, and I'm on to what you're up to," Gally frowns.
"Gally, he's innocent. We're just as clueless as you." You say quietly.
"Clueless? Me? I know the rules around here. Do you?" He never loses the bewildered look in his eyes.
You look away and he scoffs, "You know nothing." He pushes you out of the way. You don't hit the ground but you lose your balance. Thomas walks up to Gally and grabs him by the shoulders, spinning him around and punching him so fast you'd miss it if you had blinked. "Leave her alone." He says as Gally falls, knocked out cold.
"Thomas..." You stare at the teenage giant lay collapsed.
Thomas ends up with a day in the slammer without food or water. You visit him when the other Gladers are asleep. "Thank you for standing up for me today," you thank him.
"Anything for you, that shank didn't know who he was messing with," Thomas starts throwing punches at the air in front of him.
"Oh yeah," you laughed. "I bet you he's relieved your crazy butt is locked away."
Thomas rolls his eyes at your sarcastic reply before telling you goodnight at the sound of someone getting up.
"Don't get in trouble," he warns you.
"Me? Look at where you're at!" You whisper.
He chuckles. "I can't wait to be out there with you again."

A/N: Happy Valentines day! Or Singles Awareness Day! Is anyone doing the contest? If you are comment on this post and I'll vote for your stories and give you a shoutout. I'm not doing it, so I'm just gonna be supportive. I guess. (Whoop.)
Song of the day: Figure 8 by Ellie Goulding