twelve

"how come you wanted to do this?" Aiden asked as he placed the last painting on the wall.

We took less than thirty minutes to put everything up, and by the time we were done, I will agree, the studio looked very impressive.

"My mom kind of made me...and I'm sort of into art..." I said hesitantly.

It was now slowly settling into the evening. The sun was making its way down and the warm afternoon glow began to fade.

I looked up at my father's painting once again, wondering why it was here.

Aiden's father then came through the door, yelling into his phone. He finally shook his head in frustration and stuffed his phone back into his pocket.

"Hey, wow you guys have done an amazing job." He said looking around.

"Hayley, I don't want to take away too much of your time, but do you mind coming back here at around 7? You just need to make a few announcements and thank the people that sold the artwork."

"Uh... Sure," I replied.

Aiden said that he'd drop me back to campus because he needed a couple things, but I said that I'd rather swim there than sit in a car with him driving again, so he let me drive us back.

"And you called me a bad driver, you're in the wrong lane. I've been in a car with you twice and you got the wrong route both times," he said, referring to the time we went to Jacob's uncle's place.

"Yeah, I'm bad at directions, not driving. I don't know about you, but I'd rather be lost than dead," I said.

"You are alive, aren't you?"

"Yeah barely, my insides are in all the wrong places cause of your driving." I said, and he chuckled.

"You speak like you're driving slowly, but you're literally driving at the same speed," he said.

"Yeah, because I know what I'm doing,"

"You're a worse driver than me." He said pettyily.

"I am not,"

"Are too,"

"Am not,"

"Are too,"

That went on for an unpleasant amount of time, until we fibay did reach campus, and I headed back to my room.

I fell asleep, and Scarlett woke me up at 6:45, and I got ready and left campus by 7. I went to the cafeteria to get a coffee, accidentally spilling it all over my dress, so I had to change into something Scarlett gave me.

I then took a cab to the studio because Aiden left a little earlier, and I really didn't want him to be driving me there again, and I doubt he'd let me drive.

I reached surprisingly fast, and walked into the people filled studio. I found Aiden and his father, suited up, smiling for a photo.

I looked around and was greeted by a few people my mom knew. I looked at the distance and saw the tall back of a woman, that looked freakishly like my mother.

"Hayley, thanks for coming," Aiden's father said to me as he neared me, distracting me from my thoughts. "Stay here for a moment," he said, walking away leaving me with Aiden,"

"You changed your dress?" Aiden asked, fixing his tie.

"Yeah, I spilled coffee on it," I said,

"Told you your clumsy," he smiled, and I rolled my eyes.

A woman formally dressed handed me a piece of paper and mic, and directed me towards the stage. "read this out," she said hurriedly.

I walked awkwardly on to the stage and began reading from the paper.

"Good evening everyone, thank you so much for being here today." I started.

"The Aaron Samuel Gray program is a newly founded program, sprouting from the Pearson Gray industries. With Mr. Aaron Gray at its head and Co-founder David Richard, the program has been able to raise $40,000 and donate a fourth of it to charity in the short span of just six months! Today, a few people here, made this Gallary possible and I would like to thank them on behalf of Mr.Gray,"

I began reading the long list of names when I was caught by the mention of my mother's name. "Next, A big thank you to Laura Jones for the beautiful painting, made by Alexzander Jones" my father's painting was here thanks to my mom Laura Jones! Wow!

I looked up from the paper in my hands and unexpectedly saw the face of my mother in the distance.

WHAT. she was supposed to fly in tomorrow morning.

I quickly finished reading the rest of the names on the list out loud and hopped off the stage.

I walked up to my mother, who was only supposed to be back tomorrow, and pushed my hair back.

"Mom," I said as I neared her, grabbing her attention.

"Hi Hayley, I was just going to message you, but my phone died, I was supposed to have a conference tomorrow morning, but it got canceled, so I was able to come back today," She said.

"When did you sell dad's painting?" I asked.

"Why does it matter, it's a very lovely painting-

I sighed, "Mom..."

"Laura! I'm so glad you could make it!" Someone said from behind her. She turned on her heel and began happily conversing with her.

I balled my fists and shook my head when I felt arms on my shoulder, suddenly making me jump.

I turned around quickly and saw Levi and Ryan behind me, Levi laughing about how he'd startled me.

"Hey come, we're going to the Stag, Asher's in today," he said, grinning.

The Stag.
The Stag was this club sort of something. There was an underground wrestling studio, as well as this huge racetrack. It was hardly half a mile from school, and a lot of people participated and betted on these matches.

We went there every once in a while.

"What? I don't want to go there for Asher," I frowned.

"No no, he's in with Dominic, we're going to watch him lose,"

Damien was Jacob's cousin.He was a few years older, and participated in these tournaments quiet often.
I belive today was a race.

Jake used to do boxing or whatever as well, but once he started taking football seriously, he didn't want to risk injuring himself too bad, so he stopped.

"Oh?" I chuckled. "Okay I'll be out in a minute,"

I walked to Mr.Gray, deciding that I wanted to find out about my father's painting.

"Mr.Gray, do you have a minute?"  I asked.

"Hmm, yes, how can I help you?" He asked, glancing at the time on his watch.

"Uh..I saw one of my father paintings here...can you tell me when it was sold to you..?" I asked.

"Your father?"

"Alexander...Jones," yes the name doesn't add up. His mom was Mexican and father....Canadian or something.

"Hmm? Alexzandero, 'delusions'," He said, sipping his champagne. That was the name of the painting.

"Before he.....died....he was going to sell it to me. It got delayed though, I belive it was bought from your mother 2 weeks ago." He said.

"Oh okay, thanks," I said softly.

I told him that I had to leave, and walked out of the studio. I saw Levi's SUV parked in the dark, few feet away, and asked towards it, getting in.

"Hello," Scarlett slurred, she was a little tipsy, and laughing very much.

We waited for a few minutes, and once Aiden, Levi and Ryan were back in the car, we drove to the Stag.

****