Thirty Eight

*I'm sure I owe you another chapter since there was no double update(:*

I was puzzled at the sight of the white paper. Whats the meaning of giving me this? And why must he be ever so discreet about it?

When I take a hesitant glance at Levi he acted as though he didn't drop it in my hands moments ago. I frown with crinkled brows and look back at my palm. Deciding to open it, I unfolded the paper to find Levi's elegant penmanship across the white surface.

Why are you acting strange?

I must've read that sentence countless times because it sounded quite absurd with each passing second. I was acting strange? How did he come up with that conclusion?

I wanted to scoff but only rolled my eyes instead. Quickly, I rip a piece of my own paper and scribbled over it.

Shall we talk about you first?

I hand it back to Levi and he takes it ever so slowly. I watch him read it, his lips turning up into a small smirk. He writes on another piece of paper.

Before handing it to me, he makes sure everyone was still paying attention to Erwin.

Interesting. Seems like you also strive to play victim. Goes good with ruining moods, I suppose. Should we make a list of all the dumb things you excel in?

I make a face, what the hell was his problem? A small irk pops out on my left temple as I do my best to control my breathing.

Being away from one another I figured he would at least cool off but it seems as though he had cherished that anger he gained that night. Now he was throwing it at me like stones.

"Why are you starting shit?" I hiss while clenching the paper.

"I'm not starting anything," he quickly denies with small smirk. "I'm simply pointing out your idiocy."

I bit back my insult. No, if I wanted to salvage at least the small shreds of what we shared many nights ago then I head to tread carefully. Although, that seemed quite difficult considering how I wished to slap him upside his head.

I was able to take in a small breath, however, and turn away from the fool beside me. I try to refocus back on the meeting but only find myself lost and confused. I wasn't truly sure we were talking about.

Levi's arms suddenly bushes up against mine. I glance over to him noticing how he closed the small gap between us.

"I'm still pissed about what you said the other night," he mutters.

"Oh yeah? I never asked." I huff softly while looking away. If he wishes to talk about this here then he must be losing his mind.

As horrible as the timing was he was also a few days late for this sort of conversation. I didn't need him telling me how angry he was. I could tell by looking at his face.

"I'm not submissive," he continues in a deep, throaty tone. "I know how to take charge."

"Are you sure? Because during that night it seemed like you enjoyed me having control."

I knew he liked it because I knew sure as hell I did. Seeing the cold, distant, rude Captain actually enjoying skin-ship as well as touching another human being was truly a delightful thought.

"Do you want me to show you?" Levi suddenly challenges. "Because I can take control and show you how it's like to be under my finger."

His words brought a tingly warmth down my core. I enjoyed the sound of that. Hell, my mind instantly started to create fun imagines of what he could do. Does this mean he would do it again?