Seventy Four

Y'all we've reached #1 in Shingeki No Kyojin!! ❤️❤️

Anyways, enjoy!☺️😂

I've always wondered, what was afterlife like? It was something so—mysterious to those who believed in God.

Would we live in peace? Sit beside God himself? Or be judged for our sins?

I've always questioned that since a child. Always wondered if there was more after death. I knew the afterlife wouldn't be for me but, it didn't mean I couldn't ponder.

But I'm disappointed to say the outcome wasn't what I expected. There seemed to be this dull grey color around me. No matter where I looked it seemed like a bleak, never-ending void of grey.

And I was the only one here. Was this hell because I expected something much worse than this. Where was the fury flames that burned in both vicious red and orange?

Where was that feeling of fear and terror that's supposed to bubble inside me? Where was the Devil himself? All there was for me was confusion, loneliness, and this never ending scenery of the color grey.

I had to scoff, "What an unexpected turnout." I mutter sarcastically. If this was where I'm supposed to spend eternity then I was highly downplayed.

This was truly disappointing. I was tortured to death by the brother of the man I used to love. Where was the promise of an eternity of pain?

The constant reminder of my greatest sin? Where the hell was I? I stared at nothing before me.

The grey seemed to go on and on forever. And I release a heavy sigh. I had casted my gaze to my feet but doing so only brought a trickle of curiosity out of me.

Something glowed in my peripheral vision and it got brighter each second. I look up to see some sort of light in the distance. It was far from me but that certain place was no longer grey.

But a creme, white color instead. My heart abruptly surges at the sight. Filling me with such warmth and welcome it was impossible to discard the feeling.

I swallow once, I feel myself being beckoned by the light. Like it was some sort of calling. I make one step towards it eagerly but, found myself stopping abruptly.

I attempted to move but my legs protested at the movement as if telling me I couldn't go any further.  No matter what I tried my feet stayed glued to their spot. Frustrated I throw a glance over my shoulders.

A cool chill instantly ran down my spine, when I see what beholds me. The dull grey now suddenly turned a murky black. I couldn't see what laid beyond it but I knew it wasn't as welcoming as the creme light I saw.

I couldn't tear my eyes from it. The deep blackness got bigger and closer. My heart lurches to my throat as an only thought ran through my mind.

I had to run.

I turn back around and attempt to move my legs once more. Yet, my body wouldn't bend to my commands. The more I tried the more stiff I became.

I could sense the fact darkness beginning to slowly devour me. The bright light was now nothing but a speckle in the air. Panic began to course through my veins, beads of sweat ran down my temples.

There was nothing I could do to escape this unknown blackness. I could feel myself being bent to its command. No longer did I fight it, I kept still realizing consciousness would soon leave me.

Closing my eyes I allowed the darkness to consume me once more. Before I drifted off to sleep, however, I heard a voice. A voice I hadn't heard in a long time.