Sixty

"I told you not to talk to him earlier."

I roll my eyes and turn to lay atop my back. "Don't give me that," I fume. "At least I got something out of it."

"Oh yeah, what you got out of it was hearing about an irrelevant argument over you," Levi mutters sarcastically.

I glare at him from the spot on my bed. He didn't seem to notice or care. His eyes were glued to the document in his hand. After his constant demands to tell him everything I talked about with Edward he's been nothing but a pain in my ass.

He had this snippy attitude without so much as a glance towards my way. I've been on this bed, waiting for him to come to me or even look at me. But his childish attitude was the least of my concern.

Huffing loudly I flop back down on to the mattress with my back turned to my Captain. I thought over Edward's strange behavior. The way his eyes gleamed in hate and the way he chose to wait to tell me more information about Nat.

Nothing added up no matter how I looked at it. On top of that, I wish I didn't tell Edward about my past. It brought back those relentless screams that demanded to take over my mind again.

I was doing my best to keep it together. I won't lose myself, not in front of Levi.

"You've discovered nothing else besides that idiot's strange behavior." Levi's statement brought me back to my senses. With a heavy sigh I pull my legs to my chest for some warmth.

"I don't know what it is, Levi. No matter how I try to look at it Edward seems so—different. More distant and cold, you know?" I shake my head. I bring Levi's cloak closer to my body hoping for some relative comfort. "It just seemed so—wrong."

He doesn't reply, it was like I was talking to myself. But I don't make a comment or sneer about his behavior. I was too tired to.

I listen to his soft sigh before the screeching of the chair. I don't peer over my shoulder as I hear footsteps coming to me.

"Why are you hugging your cloak?"

"Huh?" I turn slightly to meet Levi's questioning gaze. He stares down at me with that is tense stare of his bringing my insides to churn. With no readable expression upon his handsome face, he gestures a finger to the cloak.

"I've noticed how you always hold that close when you're in distress," he observes. "Does it got some sentimental meaning or something?"

I bite my lower lip with my toes curling. He still doesn't know it's his and I don't plan on telling him. It would weird him out I'm sure.

What would he think he finds out the woman who likes had his cloak ever since he wrapped it around her? What would say when I tell him it was my way of keeping sanity? Imagining that it was him I held.

Smelling his fresh, clean scent every time I was in distress. Surely he would find all that weird. But maybe I can offer a little bit of truth.

"Something like that," I mutter with a frown. "It comforts me in a way."

Levi nods still assessing me like I'm sort of equation. "Hm."

He doesn't say more as he jumps into bed with me. I gasp in surprise and unconsciously jump away. My back hits the wall creating a soft thud.

"Ah, Levi! Wha–what are you doing??"

"What does it look like, brat?" He snaps, "I want to hold you."

My eyes widen as my heart pounds against my chest harshly. I watch as his cheeks turned rouge but his gaze doesn't falter. He lays on his side, his right arm out to beckon me closer.