Fifty Three

**Check out my new Eren Yeager story. It's called Thug Life! It would mean a lot to me!^.^***

I found myself staring at a wooden ceiling. I wasn't sure how long I stared at it, nor was I sure how I ended up in a bed. I didn't feel like digging through my memories, everything seemed foggy anyway.

I blink once before turning my head to the window to my left. It was bright outside but there was a few scattered clouds in the blue sky. I wasn't sure what time it was, I realized I cared little. Should I get up?

My body didn't feel like moving. It felt heavy like a rock. But, there was a question lingering in the back of my mind; who's chamber was I occupying?

Glancing about the chamber I realized how dull it seemed and plain. The only furniture here was this bed, a lone nightstand, and wardrobe. It was so plain and boring, it was like whoever slept here had no desire to leave a trace of their existence.

I wasn't sure why I was judging, I was the same. Yet, this blandness and the dull piece of life I witnessed had quite the familiar feeling to it. I found serenity just by being here.

Sitting up I've come to realize I still wore my uniform. Discarding the fact, I wore no boots or leather jacket. I was just in my simple button shirt and white pants.

Fragments of last night started to pool in my mind. I shudder at the memory of hearing all those screams. But worst of all, I remembered Chris completely. For two years I've done everything I could to push any thoughts or existence of him away.

True, I continuously had nightmares but his face was always blank in them. Now, I've begun to remember his beautiful green eyes, his blond hair, and perfect smile. It was like being stabbed in the chest.

However, the dull ache radiated through me started to numb. I had slept a dreamless sleep last night, all my worries had disappeared. And it was because of Levi.

The way he held me so protectively and feeling his arms around me felt so right. It was like my body was molded just to fit in his embrace.

His words were soft and gentle, I remember his little nickname for me and couldn't ignore the warm smile spreading across my face. Just to be held by him was enough to drive away my terrors and give me a peace of mind. He gave me comfort like no one else could.

I wonder if he'd ever realized that. With some renewed energy spurring inside me, I stagger out of bed. I ponder if I should thank Levi or pretend nothing happened.

Considering how he comforted me last night I was sure he wasn't mad anymore. A bubble of hope and excitement started to burst inside me. Would he consider taking me back?

As the thought enters my head I quickly shake it off. God, I sound like a woman dying for a touch of a man. Almost like Petra who keeps pining over Levi.

I shiver at the thought. No, I'll act like everything was normal and possibly probe the subject. I won't let my guard down easily.

I was convinced my appearance was decent. Decent enough to face Levi alone at least. However, when I push the door open that factor went out the window.

I did not meet just one familiar face but two. Whatever conversation that was being carried seconds ago had stopped. Edward and Hanji's eyes dart to me, wider than I've seen them.

Oh, shit, I think miserably. There was a heavy tension, one I was too scared to break. All I could do was hold their stares with my mind going blank.

Maybe I should've listened first before opening the door. I swallow thickly when I see the amused grin coming across Hanji's face. I already knew what she was thinking and I dreaded any question she would ask me later.