ch.13

saige | november 20th

"girl you won't believe what marq and his wife tried yesterday" i spoke into my facetime call.

"what they do? and brandon was looking for you" she said .

"oh yea i wanted to ask you if you were cool with me talking to your brother"

"girl i don't care as long as if y'all ever get into it y'all won't put me in the middle" she spoke .

"forsure"

"because i know his lil ugly ass likes you, and you probably like him back" she spoke .

"i probably do idk yet" i shrugged .

"but anyways tell me what marq did"

"oh yea so when i went over there they were asking me to basically hand over my baby to them because i'm not a fit parent"

"how do they know if you a fit parent or not ? the fuck they ain't even let you try yet"

"right and she can't have kids so i'm guessing the bitch think i'm a surrogate"

"bye i'm not finna play with you, but nah don't give them yo kid , especially marq because he don't even want the lil mf"

"exactly" i spoke as i heard the front door open .

"welp my moms here , wish me luck because i'm about to tell her"

"oop, good luck" she spoke before i hung up .

i walked out of my room and hugged my mom and granny .

"so i called y'all here to tell y'all some big news" i spoke .

because why not cut to the chase and get this shit over with.

"what is it?"

"i'm ... pregnant" i spoke .

my cousin niah and my granny smiled for me excitedly. "congratulations!" my granny yelled .

"who's the dad?" my mom asked .

"y'all don't know him i met him a while ago" i answered.

"is he happy about the baby?" my granny asked .

"at first no but i think he's coming around to see that it's not that bad"

"does he have a job atleast?"

"yes . a good one too"

"period so if he don't wanna help with my lil cousin you can let child support drain his ass for all his money" my cousin spoke .

"saige you need to get your life together before you start having kids , come on now you just got out of jail" my mom said

i definitely wasn't gonna tell them i got pregnant in jail .. hell no.

"i'm working on that, i should have my own place before the baby comes" i spoke .

"and also it's a boy" i spoke .

my mom got up and pulled me into a hug and i felt my eyes start to water again.

damn hormones.

"i just want what's best for you" she whispered.

"i know and i love you for that" i spoke .

we broke the hug and i continued answering their questions the best way i could to leave out the real facts .

i felt my phone vibrate a few times so i opened it seeing marq had sent
me four different houses and told me
to choose .

i pressed on it and started swiping on the pictures to see which one i liked

i decided on a 4 bedroom with a back yard, pool, three bathrooms, and two living rooms.