ch.19

saige | march 3rd

after unbuckling the car seat i looked inside of it to make sure ayden was still sleep and he was .

i picked it up along with the diaper bag and walked to marq's front door . before i could knock it swung open .

"hey step baby" amira cooed as she took the car seat from me and walked into the house .

i sat the diaper bag on then counter then put the 6 bottles i made into the fridge.

"he eats every 4 hours , the bottles are already made just warm them up a little , don't burn my baby mouth or ima come back and burn this house down with you and marq in it .. got it?"

"woah why are you threatening my wife?" marq asked as he walked downstairs in his officer uniform.

looking at him i started to get flashbacks from when i was in jail.

"she uhh- i was telling her not to heat the baby milk up too much" i spoke shaking my head to snap myself out of it .

marq had work, brandon had work, i'm starting a new job and brielle is in jail .

so amira , marqs mom and my granny each agreed to watching ayden for me till i get off, they are gonna rotate days .

"let me see him" marq spoke . "don't wake him up he's a cry baby" i warned him.

"that's because yall fucking spoil him" marq spoke as he picked ayden up .

ayden opened his eyes and immediately started crying "that's my cue" i spoke as i started walking out of the house .

i looked back to see marq giving him to amira then following me out .

"i told you he was a crybaby" i said pushing marq with one hand but he barley moved .

~~~~~~~

i walked into the hotel and looked around

"omg you're so pretty are you saige?"

seeing a girl in the same work uniform as me i nodded "are
you tahj?" i asked .

"yes, they assigned me to train you" she spoke

"yea i know , how long have you been working here?"

"3 months , but i like it it's so chill" tahj spoke and i nodded .

i followed behind her for about 2 hours while she showed me around our work space and how to use the computers.

i got a job as a hostess , so i basically sign people in and give them their room keys .

i chose this job because ima be sitting down all day and that's perfect for me since i'm still in pain from giving birth.

6 hours later my shift was over , i said bye to tahj and left .

when i started my car i got a text from brandon saying to come home before i pick ayden, it's an emergency .

i drove home and when i walked into the house i was caught off guard with a row of rose petals leading upstairs.

i followed them and it lead to our bed , there was a dress laid out along with a note that read 'put this on and meet me here' he spoke .

"wow" i spoke as i grabbed the dress and held it up, it was cute but im not really a dress person so we gone see how this looks on me .

i put the dress on, did my makeup a little and brushed my hair , i then got in my car and typed the address in.

when i pulled up i noticed it was the aquarium. "this boy" i mumbled as i got out the car .

when i walked in the waitress already knew i was coming and lead me to where brandon was .

"you look good" he spoke as i walked up. "you do too" i said and he smiled .

"i wanted to bring you back here because although we've been on many dates this was our first one , and the date i first asked you to be my girlfriend"

"i remember" i spoke as i looked around , the interior changed a bit .

i looked at the fishes too before hearing my name get called .

i turned back around to brandon seeing him on one knee .

"brandon?" i questioned as i felt my eyes start to water .

"i love you and i want to be with you forever , start our own family and grow old together"

"saige will you marry me?"

not able to get any words out i nodded and wiped my eyes.

"let me hear you say it" he spoke looking into my eyes

"yes brandon, i will marry you" i spoke .

he slid the ring on my finger then got up and hugged me , all i could do was cry.

💞