Meet Talos in Greece

"You knocked out the guards?!"

Two bodies lay on the ground.

My parents disarmed them, slinging their guns around their torsos. They handed me a gun.

"You're questioning my method of rescuing you right now?!"

"No, I'm impressed!"

No guards were in sight, which seemed too good to be true.

"Didn't think you had it in you."

"Well, I had a little help."

I looked towards Ares.

"I'm a hostage, Rosie. If it were up to me, you'd have stayed dead."

I walked up to him and punched him in the jaw.

"Damn!"

"I always keep my promises, arsehole. You're lucky I don't shoot you. What are we going to do with him?"

"Toss him overboard, most likely."

"That's going to be tough," Ares mumbled.

"And why is that?"

"Because he's got help, gringa." Elena cocked a gun behind William's head, "I used you just like you used me. Drop the gun, Mamón."

I held my gun up to her.

Leo stood beside her with a gun aimed at me.

Lennox drew her weapon instantly.

"Drop yours first," Fabian pointed his gun at Elena.

"We got ourselves a standoff," Leo cackled. "I love these!"

"Call off your dog, Ares," I said through gritted teeth.

"Watch your mouth, puta."

"Easy, easy, guys. Let's just stay nice and calm. You know what we need, Rosie. You can stop your loved ones from getting hurt. You're outnumbered, and you know it."

"Don't be too sure."

The ship bucked again, throwing all of us forward.

There was an explosion behind us; the walls burst open. Immbearable heat ran up my spine, blasting me forward. Shards of metal and wood landed in my back, knocking me unconscious.

I woke to guns firing; I jumped to an overturned table for cover through the pain, as did Elena.

We looked at each other in shock before engaging in a battle of fists.

I grabbed her by her hair and bashed her head against the table.

Daisy barked, staying at a distance so that she wouldn't be hurt.

I slapped the gun out of her hand as she hit me in the face.

On the other side of the room, I caught a glimpse of William and Ares fighting.

My father was fighting Leo while my mother was shooting soldiers that were coming to help.

Elena straddled me, grabbing the collar of my shirt and getting a punch in.

That's all she got.

Daisy bit on her hair and pulled.

She yelped, hitting her in the eye.

I grabbed a metal rod from the explosion, hitting the side of her head.

She groaned, falling to my side.

I stood as fast as I could, gripping the rod harder and hitting her across the face. "Call me a puta when you learn how to fight."

She wiped a smear of blood off of her lips, a crooked smile pulled her lips. She had a knife hidden at her side that I wasn't aware of until it was flittering past me.