Chapter Five

Chapter Five

Cass’ POV

Shit! I roll out of bed, put my clothes back on. When I look at her desk, the clock there says it’s 7:20 AM. I sigh and decide to go out to think.

When I got out of her room, I heard a car pulling into the carpark in front of the house. I think it’s Matt. Way to go Matthew, staying the night at a girls place I guess.

I went downstairs and it sure is Matt. He’s really changed in these past 3 years. He used to be that nerdy gamers boy who followed me around in high school, until I hooked him up with a friend in the basketball  team which later on made him famous and have all of those muscles he has now.

He seemed to haven’t noticed me, so I sneaked behind and scared him a little.

“Matthew Carson! Where have you been all night!” I did my best to impersonate aunt Rose’s voice.

“Nowhere mum! I just woke up!” He jumped and answered in defense.

Until he noticed that it wasn’t his mum and it was me instead. He glared at me and ruffled my hair.

“Damn you girl! I really thought you were mum!”

I laughed at him.

“Seriously though Matt, where you’ve been??” I asked again.

“Umm… At my girlfriend’s house…” He grinned at me like an idiot.

I rolled my eyes at him.

“What’s wrong babe? Still got that huuuge high school crush on me?”

I pouted at him “Hey! You should be grateful to me! Because of that, you became popular in school”

“Alright, alright… I’m just kidding you know…” He grinned.

“Why are you up so early anyway?” He asked again.

“Ugh… Don’t ask…” I facepalmed.

He raised an eyebrow but leave it there.

“Oh, by the way do you know where pristine high is?” I asked him. I am supposed to work there. My lecturer in England arranged it for me.

“Um, I think that’s actually Ali’s school… Why?”

“What? Ali’s not going to our old high school?”

Damn! Am I really going to have to deal with her at work!? And after last night!

“Nope, she said she doesn’t want to be in our shadows. Oh and also, our old teacher miss Blake-… I guess it’s Richards now, also moved there…” He said.