Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

Becca’s POV

“Damn it Max! Why do you have to come and ruin everything?!” I yell at him after Cass runs off somewhere.

He chuckles slightly as he looks at me smugly.

“Ruin? I’m here to get our family back together babe... I’m here to get things straight.” He says emphasizing on the word ‘straight’.

“You know some things can’t be straightened back Max.” I reply coldly as I rummage through my bag trying to find my phone to call Cass.

“Oh, don’t say ‘Can’t’ darling. You know things were straight on our wedding night.” He says suggestively wiggling his eyebrows.

“You’re making me want to puke…” I say as I put on a gross look on my face.

He shrugs and smirks.

Glaring, I spit out with venom to him.

“Ever wonder why it was only on our wedding night? Why it never happen after?”

Seeing his fale pale, I smirk smugly at him.

“That’s right. You know exactly why.” I smile victoriously as I manage to find both my car keys and my phone.

I dash out of my office leaving a red-faced angry Max towards the parking lot and into my car to look for Cass.

After cruising around for a while, stopped at my house and at her apartment, calling her for what seems to be the hundredth time, I sigh and drive back to my house since Cassie is supposed to be back home now.

Arriving at a dark empty house, knowing that it would be back to me and Cassie again is hurting me badly as I sit onto the couch without turning any of the lights on.

Then I heard the front door being unlocked and Cassie runs in.

“Mummyy…!” She jumps over onto my lap causing me to chuckle slightly.

She frowns and tilts her head a little.

“Mummy, why are you crying?” She puts her hands on both sides of my cheeks.

I shake my head and smile at her.

“Nothing honey, mummy just have some dust in my eyes.”

She looks unconvinced as she gets off my lap and walk to turn the lights on.

“Where’s mum?” She crosses her arms across her chest demanding for answer.

“She has something to do at her apartment baby, hopefully she’ll be back tomorrow?” I say smiling fakely.

She frowns and shakes her head.

“Fine… If that’s what you want me to believe…” She walks towards her room leaving me stunned.

~~~~~

Sighing softly, I roll around the bed trying to fill the emptiness in my heart.

Stopping at my side of the bed, I roll over and stare at her side, smoothing the sheets.

Closing my eyes, I try to picture her, laying there naked tangled in the white sheets.

Her green eyes gleaming emerald as she stares at me with love and happiness.

A content sigh escape my lips as I whisper the words I want her to hear so badly right now.

“I love you…”