Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

Cass’ POV

Shit!

This wasn’t the way I imagine things would happen if I get back here.

“So, ladies… Mind telling me what happened back there?” Alex starts.

I don’t think I should speak, since it’s going to seem as if I’m just trying to defend myself.

I stay silent, trying to prepare myself for the worst which is being fired and shipped back to England.

“This is stupid…” Alice rolls her eyes and cross her arms in front of her chest.

“This would have been perfect if it weren’t for you!” Becca snarls at Alice, shocking me. I didn’t know Becca snarls

“Excuse me? It would have been perfect FOR ME if it weren’t FOR YOU!” Alice yells back at her.

“Ladies, please stop…” Alex sighs and looks at me.

I stare back at her trying to send the message that I don’t know what to say.

Becca and Alice both become silent, while glaring at each other and at me.

“Actually, this would have been perfect if you satisfied ‘your girlfriend’ there so that she won’t be looking for someone else” Alice breaks the silence.

This got Becca off.

“You did not just say that you bitch!” Becca screams lunging forward to get her hands on Alice.

I lunge towards Becca and hold her so she won’t hurt Alice.

“Rebecca please stop…” I whisper softly in her ear.

“Oh so now you’re on her side huh! Great!” She huffs while struggling to get out of my grasp.

I sink into depression, but I keep myself holding onto her tightly.

“I’m sorry…” I whisper.

“Sorry won’t fix anything Cassandra!” The three women in the office raise their voices at the same time.

I cringe sinking deeper into my seat.

“Well, I guess this is a personal problem, so I can’t really punish any of you… Just keep it low at school okay ladies…” Alex sighs, trying to help me out of the problem.

I shoot a grateful look to her, to which she nods solemnly.

“Well problem’s over. I have a class.” Rebecca stands up and leaves the room to her class.

“Though my teacher’s here, I believe it’s best if I get to class as well so…” Alice also walks out leaving me alone with Alex.

“Cassandra…” She starts.

“I know Alex…” I sigh.

Alex is a friend I met in England a year ago. I don’t know why, but it was just so easy to open up to her and tell her all my problems, and I did.

And I’m doing it again right now.

I tell her everything. From the very first day, the whole teasing thing with Alice, then the meeting in the park with Rebecca, back to Alice when she suddenly seduced me and we had sex, then to the incident today.

The whole time, Alex doesn’t say anything. That’s one of the things I like from her. She’ll always listen until you’re done before giving advices.

“Do you love her?” She asks me.

“Yes, Yes I do… I loved her, I still love her, and I’ll always love her…” I answer the question immediately.