Chapter One

FIrst timer here... Being so inspired by lots of other stories makes me want to write some too... Though not good enough yet I think..

Well here's my first attempt so, enjoy

CHAPTER ONE

Ali's POV

~~~~~

“Urggh…Damn Cass! Told me she’d be here by 7 PM. It’s 8 already. Where the hell is she.” I grumbled while typing on my phone to text the person I’ve been waiting for in this freaking cold airport.

“Hey there, you alone?” For the hundredth of time, I’ve got someone hitting on me. “No, I’m waiting for a friend.” I answered a bit annoyed without even turning to look at the person talking to me, I’m in an airport for fuck’s sake! Why would anyone go to the airport especially on the arrival site if they’re not waiting to pick up someone! “Well why don’t you just ditch her and come with me?” The person asked again. “Just go away will… How do you even know that it’s a woman I’m waiting for?” I frowned while turning around to finally see the person hitting on me. “Oh my! Cass! You shouldn’t have done that, you know. That kind of thing really annoys me.” I pouted at her.

Yes. That’s her, the woman I have been waiting for. Cassandra Jarred, my best friend ever since I could talk. “Aww, you’re pouting at me now. How cute. I see you haven’t changed at all since middle school” she said patting my head.

“Cut it out Cass, I’m not a kid anymore!” I frowned. “But you’re so adorable. Plus, to me you ARE a kid” She shoved her tongue out at me. “I’m leaving you in this freaking freezing airport now” I started walking away when she pulls me into a bear hug. “Mmmh… I’ve missed you a lot…” I blushed a little before answering “Yeah, me too.”

~~~~~

“So how’s life? Tell me how’s your family? I haven’t seen ‘em in a while” she asked when we got into the car. “Pretty good. High school sucks a bit though. Family’s fine. Damn right, you were in England for 3 years now.” I said while revving the engine.

She shrugged “Well, at least I’ve got my degree now.” “You did?! Wow, in just 3 years? That’s amazing! You’re still like 20 right?” I replied a little shocked. “Well yeah, 20 and a half.” She grinned. “Wow… wait till my mom hears it, I’ll definitely be forced to study all the time now.” I shake my head.

There was silence in the car, until she broke it “How ‘bout I tutor you?” I turned to her smiling widely “You serious??” “Hey! Eyes on the road” She warned me. “And yes, I’m serious. Think about it as a thank you for letting me stay with your family.” “They don’t really mind you staying though.” She raised an eyebrow (I guess, since I’m now looking straight at  the road) “They? What about you? Not happy to see me?”

“You kidding me? I was jumping up and down around the house when you called saying that you’ll be coming here.” I answered honestly. “Good then. I can’t wait to see Matt again!” She said cheerfully. I smiled at that comment. She used to have a crush on my older brother Matthew when they were in high school together.

~~~~~

When we arrived at my house, it’s already 9.30 but the lights are still on. I’m guessing that my parents were waiting for our arrival.

“Cassandra!” My mother calls her as soon as she saw her walking in. “Hey aunt Rose, long time no see!” She hugged her. “Wow, you’ve become so beautiful girl” my brother Matt also greeted her and went on to hug her as well. I rolled my eyes. I felt weird hearing my brother saying that. I guess it’s just cause he calls her beautiful when he never compliment me at all.

Well, I can’t help but agree with my brother though. She is beautiful,  absolutely gorgeous actually. “Hey Ali, stop checking Cass out girl!” My brother who all of a sudden shows up next to me whispered. Blushing, I yelled “I am NOT checking her out!”

“Hmm? Checking WHO out actually??” Cass walks to me smirking. “Umm… No one?” I replied nervously. She suddenly jumped and hugged me “You’ve finally told them! Good job girl!”

“Ooh… so you knew!” My mom smirked evilly. “Did you know that she used to have like a huuuge crush on you?” “Mom!!” I yelled causing the two women to laugh so hardly while my brother went to call my dad from his study as I grumble under my breath.

That day, I knew my life’s going to change drastically because of the arrival of this woman and her teasing ways.

SO? How is it? Please leave a comment  >w<
Sorry if it's no good though TT,TT
Be updating soon (Maybe tomorrow, or on tuesday since I'm having my end of term tests now and I'm crazy to be publishing this now)

I'm outta here to study now :D