The Investigation

"Missing?! What do you mean she's missing?!" Agent Infinite asked the guards. They were in the woods on the path Goth was jogging on. The guards were investigating the scene. Sky looks around. She tried to help the best she could. 

"Simple, she went poof, you fancy Northern spy. She was jogging on the path. Then she didn't come back." The guard sarcastically responded. 

"Well, sass isn't going to help. Keep looking?!" Infinite barked. The guard rolls his eyes and goes to search. Infinite sighs and walks over to the marked tree. He looks at it, then sees footprints leading to the secret passage. 

"Sky! Come see this!" Infinite says. Sky runs over and looks at Infinite. 

"What is it? Did you find something?" she asked. 

"Look! Footprints leading to the tree, and they stop here." 

"No shit, sherlock. What's your point?" 

"My point is that this might be a secret passage!"

"Infinite, what type of drugs are you taking? And where can I get them?" 

"Oh, hahaha. I know a secret hideout when I see one, Sky. Lole- I mean Zero, had one like this as children."

"Hold up. You almost said his real name! C'mon, tell me!" 

"I cannot. That is against his wishes."

"Then tell me yours!" Sky begged. She looks at him curiously, and Infinite looks away nervously. 

"Soon, when I am ready and am finally willing to accept what happened. Until then, you must wait. I don't know how long, but you must wait." He mumbles. 

"Why? What's holding you back? Who's holding you back? Why can't you tell me Infinite! I thought you trusted me?!" She shouts. 

"I do. However, first I must learn to trust myself before I can fully trust another. My apologies, your highness, but some things are better learned when the time is right." He says softly. He pulls the branch-like lever, which opened the passage. This alerted the guards, and they look at them.

"Call Ace, Summer, and Sophie. Tell them we got our first lead." Infinite ordered. 

~End of Chapter 18~