somebody else -the 1975

I sat quietly in the booth at the restaurant.
Why am I at a restaurant? Well it's more like a cafe, saiki and me sat down and are now just waiting for our stuff. We sat in an awkward silence, I didn't know where to start.

"Here's your orders" The waitress came and gave us our things, I thanked her and drank my drink.

The one time I glance at saiki he's staring at me, I quickly look away to my drink and keep my head down.

"(Y/n)" he called me and I accidentally flinched "y-yes?"

... He called me (y/n)

"What did you want to talk about?" He asked me.

"Oh well um, I just wanted to apologize to you. I'm sorry about what hika did last night, it was so embarrassing" I bury my face in my hands "oh, you don't have to worry about that. Mikoto was fine, she's not mad at you. But she is kinda iffy with hika" I unbury my face "that's sorta better, what should I do? Should I send her something? Bake something? Take her somewhere!?" I panicked and my heart rate started accelerating, it did hurt like a lot.

"Hey, hey, hey!" Saiki grabbed my hands "look at me Fufu" I looked at his face. It held worry and concern "calm down, take deep breaths" I nodded and began breathing. I slowly started feeling better and I thanked him "listen, your not the one that should be apologizing. Hika's an idiot, they've always been like this" he gave a small laugh which caused me to giggle "your right, but even still... I don't want to get in the way of your relationship. I very much want to see you happy kusu, who knows I might even be a bridesmaid"

Why did that hurt? I should support my best friend, so what's wrong with me?

"I've been gone for too long, and that sucks. That's why I wanted to make up lost time by sticking to you like glue! Oh and going places, yeah!" I cheered and he coughed.

"About that, me and Mikoto actually walk to school together and go on dates often. So I don't think we'd have time for that"

Ouch.

"I don't think I've ever cared for someone this much before"

Double ouch.

"Okay I see you kusuo, you are very wise for doing the right thing and keeping her happy. I'm glad to see your this happy with someone" I smiled and he did too "yeah, she's really something"

I began to feel something inside. Almost grey. I look at saiki to see he's frozen. Everyone is frozen, and grey.

Did I stop time? I looked around to see no one moved at all, I sighed "I'm glad your happy, so why am I hurting?" I ran my fingers through my hair "stop it, your being selfish. I AM KUSUO'S BEST FRIEND AND I WILL BE HAPPY FOR HIM!" I let it out and smiled as things went back to normal "well kusuo, If you need anything your best friend (y/n) is here to help! Because I am an expert at love!" I bragged "oh really? Too many break ups?" He asked "yeah, just not mines. My friend sakura was always dating people and I watched and took note of the dumb things they'd do, it was supposed to be tips for me when I start dating... But I never dated anyone" my cheeks warm with embarrassment.

"Well, you can use those tips one day" he said and I nodded in agreement "I should get going, I was supposed to meet up with a new friend today" I grabbed my purse and waved goodbye to saiki. I paid for our food at the cash register and made my way.

I walked into the park and saw who I was meeting up with "hairo!" I called out to him and waved, he saw me and waved back at me. He greeted me and we began talking "oh so what your saying is you want to date someone?" He asked me "well kinda, I didn't expect him to start dating someone so I thought we'd both third wheel while hika has they're girlfriend" he thought for a minute then he told me we're walking "so, where we going?" I asked him "we're going to pick up a friend i think you'd like"

"Like in a like like way or a like way?" I asked him "both" he smiled and I died inside. Oh jeez, I was not prepared for this.

"Yo kaidou!" He called out to his friend and he turned around. He was really cute, he had fluffy periwinkle hair, ruby red eyes, and a cute smile.

"Hey hairo what's going on?" He asked his friend "kaidou this is fujiwara, fujiwara this is kaidou" I smiled and took my hand out for him "it's a pleasure to meet you kaidou" he went beet red and slowly shook my hand "it's a pleasure to meet you as well"

"Now that the two of you met, let's go somewhere and do something" hairo cheered "we could go to a manga cafe or do karaoke" I suggested "Karaoke sounds fun!" Hairo cheered "yeah" kaidou agreed as well.

The three of us went to a karaoke place and got a room. Hairo sang first and with passion. Kaidou was up next and he was very nervous "come on, you can do it!" I cheered him on and he started singing. It surprised me when he had a great voice, well at first he was still nervous but he eased into it and gave it his best. When he was finished we clapped and cheered. I was up next, I sang "therefore I am" because it's been on my mind rent free.

We took a break and ate some snacks. We also talked about things and hobbies "wow kaidou, I can't believe you can see these dark reunion people. That must be scary seeing them"

"Yeah, but I'm powerful enough to not give into their temptation" he bragged and I giggled.

We finished at sunset and they walked me home, I thanked them and went inside.

"Woah, someone moved on quickly. Two guys? Damn your such a player" hika teased "shut up hika, I'm not dating them" I rolled my eyes "whatever, oh sai-duck stopped by to give you this" they handed me a letter and I opened it

"You didn't have to pay for my food, here's your money back" there was money in the envelope with the letter. My friend kusuo is too kind.

Y'all still want that lemon? ¯\_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯