Chapter 76

Dean stared silently at his phone on the table. His thumb brushed gently in hesitation over it. He felt a bit regretful after he called her the night before. Right when Chu's mansion exploded in front of his eyes, almost everything left his head. He forgot about the entire reason why he came to Las Vegas and why he couldn't bring Giselle with him. His heart dropped and sunk to the bottom of the ocean as he stood and watched the event last night.

However, he was careless about the people inside the house. All he wanted was Giselle. And, the only way to Giselle's heart was her beloved family. Dean realized that another way to prove that he forgave Richard Chu was to protect Chu's family. He obviously did not care about that man whatsoever. Everything he did was solely dedicated to the only woman that he loves. He didn't expect that everything would end up this way. If she ever finds out that her father too fell in danger, Dean was more than certain that Giselle would choose to do anything to get back to Las Vegas. She will want nothing but her father and family back.

Dean knew her too well, which was the only reason that left him in a fear of losing her. He learned the significance of her family and how much they meant for her. He couldn't sleep either focus on everything that surrounded him. He was terrified that she will misunderstand him. He could only hope and wish for her to stay by his side.

She won't hate me, right? Dean wondered anxiously. For some reason, he felt guilty. Though he was not the one to cause the explosion, something within him kept him bothered. He didn't understand why he should be the one to feel wrong.

While his eyes stared blankly at the phone, a few loud knocks on the door following by a deep voice awakened his busy mind. "Mr. Winchester?"

He paused a bit, trying to recall what he was doing. He hurried to shift in his seat and gave his command. "Come in." Unlike his usual confident self, his tone of voice came out soft and filled with sorrows. He flipped the phone screen over as he hurried to pull a casino's finance's folder to place across from him instead. As he was pretending to read the document, the corner of his eyes slightly glances up at a man in black.

"There is a problem downstairs, sir." The affiliated man reported from nearly the doorway while his eyes scanned his boss's table. Noticing that almost all of the folders and binders were left in the same positions, he knew immediately that his boss must have not touched any of those.

Dean grabbed a pen and then hurried to sign the approval at the bottom right of a paper. Without bothering to look up, he replied in a frustrated tone. "Didn't I tell you to bring all of the customers' problems to the casino manager? I don't have time to deal with those useless gamblers." Dean wrinkled his brows as he decided to move his gaze to glare sharply at a tall figured man in front of him for an answer.

"Yes, boss... but those police officers were sent here by Mr. Jeff Kevinskey. They're demanding to speak directly to you. They even kicked all of our customers out of the floor. Now, each of our employees is being held up by those officers."

Dean paused a bit after hearing Kevinskey's name being mentioned. Recalling the night before, at the banquet, where Jeff took Richard Chu away, it still left Dean in the puzzle. He couldn't quite figure out any logic about Richard Chu that would suddenly stir Jeff Kevinskey's temper since both of them worked under the law. Although the two served the law with two distinct purposes, Jeff Kevinskey's skill at keeping everything undercover was too immeasurable. There would be little to zero chance that Richard Chu could discover anything related to Kevinskey's crime.

Dean sighed heavily as he tried to gather his thought together. "It's not even twenty-four hours yet since my father passed away... and these people are already showing their true colors..." He tapped his fingers onto the table hastily as he took a few seconds of silence to think. "I'll see what I can do... First, bring some of our men here. Keep the new one to guide the resort and club. We'll soon need to start a new induction process to tighten our security. This time we will need to set up a stricter guideline for who qualifies and who doesn't for the family. Keep those officers busy while our men are gathering here. I will teach those law followers some lesson. Make sure none of the employees get hurt. I will have to shut down the casino and lay people off for a week. Don't forget to compensate whoever encountered the police today."