Chapter 06

"Sir?" One of the figures questioned.   

"Take 'em off! Now!" Rex ordered with more sternness to his tone, showing that he did not trust what was happening. I sighed and relaxed for a moment when I saw their matching faces revealed by the fire that was lighting the area around us. Jumping again I turned around to face a giant eel that had sprung from a hole.

"What the hell?" I questioned in a hushed, shocked tone before Rex had blasted its eye in one shot, killing it on sight.   

"Nice shot." One clone commented as Rex took off his helmet and knelt beside the limp eel to inspect it closer.   

"The name's Rex. But you'll call me Captain or sir." He spoke while dipping his hand in blue goo off the eel.   

"Sir, yes, sir!" They all cheered in unison.   

"I'm Commander Cody, your new boss." He took of his helmet and introduced himself.

"And I'm Padawan Lyra Jayko" I closed my sabers and secured them on my belt again.

"My designation is trooper 27-5555, sir."

"We call him Fives. I'm Hevy, this is Echo." Another clone introduced their little trio.

"Where's your Sergeant?" Cody questioned the trio.

"Dead, sir. We're all that's left." The one called Echo replied.

"Looks like we got ourselves a batch of shinies, Commander." Rex spoke as he walked towards the group with a smirk.

"Shinies, sir?" Echo asked, voicing his confusion on the nickname.

"That's right. Your armor, it's shiny and new, just like you." The captain placed his goo covered hand on Echos chest, leaving a blue stain on the white armours chest-plate.

"Sir, me and my batchers are trained and ready. We'll take back our post, shiny or not." Hevy spoke up with determination to take back what they lost.

"There's hope for you yet, rookie." Rex told them with a smile. Scaling the side of the cliff we worked towards the base. "Look sharp, rookies. As long as those tweezers occupy this post, our home planet of Kamino is at risk." Rex warned them.

"But there's so many of them."

"Doesn't matter, kid. We have to retake this base, so we will retake this base."

"How do you propose we get through those blast doors, Rex, old boy?" Cody turned to his brother with the question.

"I have a few ideas." I spoke up, reminding them of my presence once again. Both men turned to me with interest at my idea.

~~~

"Unit 2-6, is that you?" the security camera questioned as Rex wobbled towards the camera outside of the front door.

"Roger, roger." Rex replied, keeping his helmet on to cover his clone face. I stifled a giggle at the scene before me as the rest of us stood off to the side ready to attack when the doors opened.

"You sound strange. Is something wrong with your vocabulator?" The droid inside asked.

"Roger, roger."

"Take off your helmet. Let me see your faceplate."

"Roger, roger." Rex ducked at the last words, holding up a destroyed droid head instead.

"This is never gonna work." Cody sighs as he shakes his head.

"Have faith in the plan" I tell him in a scolding manner, really hoping that my plan would work. Before he can argue further the doors slide open and we all jumped out, weapons at the ready, pointed to the enemy inside.