Chapter 29

"You can't do this! We trusted you, Master's" Korkie protested as the kids were brought into a prison by the corrupt guards of the prime minister.

"Thank you for bringing the traitors to justice, Master Jedi." The evil man thanked us, watching the kids being dragged away and locked up.

"They mentioned that Duchess Satine was their leader." Ahsoka added. "We should arrest her, too."

"Do not worry, we already have her in custody." He assured us.

"Really? Where?" I asked, intrigued.

"That is none of your concern. Now I must prepare a public statement about the Duchess and her crimes." He waved it off, hopping on a transport and speeding away into the night.

"Officer, I need to interrogate the prisoners immediately." I told the guard after the prime minister left. With a simple nod the both of us were let inside the prison. I entered the cell Ahsoka right behind me.  "Careful. We're being watched." I warned the group.

"Did he buy it?"

"Have you found my aunt?" Korkie questioned next with worry and impatience.

"Not exactly. But I know they have her in custody."

"Where?" Her nephew asked again with more interest.

"The Prime Minister wouldn't tell me." I sighed, feeling bad for the boy who was only worried for his aunt.

"I knew this plan wouldn't work." The other boy leaned his head on the wall with a sigh.

"Have a little faith. I'll find her. We'll just modify the plan a bit." Ahsoka told them.

"How are you going to do that?" The brunette asked.

"Don't worry. You'll know when to act when I give the signal." Ahsoka said.

"What's the signal?" Korkie questioned for the whole group.

"You'll know it when you see it." I tell them proudly, a plan already being out together in my mind. I turned on my heel to face the guard outside of the door, waving my hand in front of his face. "You will take me to Duchess Satine."

"I will take you to Duchess Satine." He repeated. Nodding to Ahsoka we both left the kids to find Duchess Satine. We entered the room to find her locked up in a tall tower cell.

"What are you doing?" A guard stopped us from opening the cell. With a sigh I turned back to face him again, using another Jedi mind trick.

"I must interrogate the Duchess."

"You must interrogate the Duchess." He repeated while Ahsoka let her free of the cell.

"I'm getting you out of here." Ahsoka rushed to her as she fell to her feet from being so weak.

"Ahsoka, it's a trap." She warned us urgently.

"I see you found the Duchess, youngling. You may stop your playacting now, Sergeant." The prime minister appeared from the entrance.

"Prime Minister, sir!" The two guards stood at a attention.

"Using a Jedi mind trick was a very poor decision. My guards have been trained to resist such archaic magic." More guards filled the room and surrounded us as the prime minister came closer. I looked in shock that the trick didn't work but I kept my calm exterior. "And now you have revealed yourself as a conspirator. Set for stun." The large gun was pointed at us and shot, weakening our state. "You little fools." He commented rudely.

"No, don't do this" I protested, trying to gain some strength and protect Ahsoka Dan Satine.

"Grab them!"