chapter one

Nikhil tucked a strand of hair behind his wife's ear trying not to disturb her sleep. He smiled warmly looking at her, she was finally here as his wife and it was not a dream. It was real and it felt so good. All this years of searching for her and finally getting her, it did not feel less than a world cup victory for him. He kept admiring her beauty and drank in her appearance, he was studying her face carefully when knock on the door disturbed him. Cursing whoever that disturbed him from his admiring session, he opened the door only to find his mother carrying some heavy Saree and jewelleries in shagun tray.
" Nikhil can't you open the door fastly? Has ragini woken up? " his mother asked him in hurry.
" Mom she is still sleeping, anyway all the rituals will be starting late. It is still 8:00. Let her sleep, I will wake her up later " he answered which made his mother displeased. Well his mother was not happy with his marriage, he had almost given her ultimatum of not marrying anyone if not ragini. His mother had finally give in to his stubbornness. In her mind, his mother would still be cursing the broker who had messed up the photos and Ragini's photo had landed on his hands before broker could take it back from him stating that the girl doesn't belong to his category. It did not matter at that time as he traced her face in the photo and turned the photo to look into the details. "Ragini " her name was equally stunning and beautiful as her face. He had declared that he will only marry her and took her photo and walked away towards his room without hearing his mother's protests.
" Get her to wear this " his mother handed over the shagun tray to him consisting of saree and jewelleries and then he went away without saying him anything. He sighed and entered his room and saw her slowly opening her eyes and looking around the room confused for a second before realization strikes her and she became silent.
" Ragini " he gets her attention as she looks at him. Before he tells anything else, he gets her the clothes and jewellery which she had put on for her muh dikhai.
" ji, I'm sorry for getting up late. I will not repeat it " she apologizes.
He frowns, " Ragini , I have said you earlier itself you can call me Nikhil and there is nothing there to apologize for, I understand you were tired. I just got up half an hour back. All this wedding after rituals gets over by today and then mom and dad will be leaving for Mumbai. You can have one month of rest here before you put with all that grand receptions in Mumbai " she nods at him after a moment and takes the clothes from him and rushes inside the washroom. Not wanting her to feel uncomfortable when she gets out of the washroom, Nikhil goes out of the room making a note to come later to help her with anything she needs.

Ragini comes out of the washroom, trying to dry her hair with her towel. She surveys the room and realxes as she doesn't find her husband here. She tumbles on the bed silently. She looks around again not able to believe that this is her new house. She should have seriously taken swara's help and escaped this . Yesterday she was brave but she can't do this anymore. She wants to cry but even tears seems to have abandoned her. No, her husband is not bad and he tries to make her as okay as he can but laksh has damaged her way too much she is afraid she would never be able to heal from it. Calming herself and taking deep breath, Ragini starts wearing her jewellery. She wears her mangalsutra and fills her hair partition with sindoor without being nervous. Nikhil enters the room at the same time and stares at her, he wasn't not able to take his eyes off her. He gently tucked a strand of hair behind her ears which was disturbing his full view of her face as he moved closer to her. Ragini stepped backwards trying to keep her distance with him and was finally struck between the dressing table and nikhil. She nervously stood here not able to either move forward or backward.
" You look so beautiful " he says to her still in daze. She flustered at his compliment not knowing how to respond.
" come let me take you down and don't get nervous " he offers her his arm and she hestitaned before she takes it. Nikhil guides her out of the room, his eyes sparkling with happiness which did not go unnoticed by his parents nor the guests present as he descended from the stairs with his wife who looked both anxious and nervous.