chapter ten

Okay I did not expect this ff to be number one ranking in swaragini tag but it was really overwhelming to me to see this. Thank you so much for this guys.This was clearly unexpected.

Ragini stirs in her sleep a little as she hears some noise. She turns over in her sleep and closes her eyes firmly not wanting to break out of the peaceful sleep she was having. But the noise kept increasing and she finally opens her eyes out of annoyance. She looks around the room to find the source of the noise which disturbed her sleep and finally sees that it was her phone which was ringing.
" Ughhh!" Ragini yells out of frustration seeing it was her phone which broke her out of her sleep. She feels something around her waist and her eyes fall on Nikhil who was still asleep next to her, she realises it was his arms around her waist and he was too near to her tucking in her personal space. He stirs in the sleep when ragini's phone rings again, ragini immediately takes out her phone which was lying next to her on the bedside cabinet. She cuts off the call without even properly looking at the name of the person who was calling her and keeps her phone back on the bedside cabinet. She turns back looking at her husband who was still blissfully asleep and wonders what to do about the awkward position they were in. She really doesn't remember anything except dozzing off on Nikhil's shoulder yesterday while driving back to the mansion and had no idea how she landed in this position. While thinking of ways to untangle herself from the situation, she doesn't see Nikhil waking slowly next to her and staring at her.
" Good morning" Nikhil says in his cheerful voice. Ragini looks at Nikhil who was staring at her with his black luminous eyes with a warm smile. He still looked sleepy. She wanted to ignore the way she felt he was adorable.
" Good morning" Ragini smiles brightly looking at him.
" So what are our plans for today?!"Nikhil asks in his raspy voice.
Ragini was about to say anything but her phone rang again and disturbed their conversation.
" I think you should lift the call " Nikhil says stretching his hands and moves towards the bathroom.
Ragini sighs and lifts her phone, she looks at swara's name displayed on the screen. She accepts the call
" Hi swara!" Ragini greets her sister over the phone.
" Ragini are you alright? I'm trying to call you from yesterday!  Where were you?" 
"swara I'm alright! I and nikhil were roaming around kolkata yesterday and I had left my phone in the car so I could not receive your calls" Ragini says in reassuring tone.
" So you and nikhil aah" swara's teasing tone even from the phone made ragini blush slightly remembering yesterday's moments.
"Can you please stop this, come to the main topic! What happened?" Ragini asks," why were you trying to call me from yesterday?"
" It's nothing, just wanted to tell you know that kavya's case is over"
" That's great! How did it get solved so early?" Ragini asks curious," I thought it would take a long trial"
" All thanks to Nikhil's lawyer, as soon as he got to know kavya maybe alive. He hired some detective and got her traced. Once kavya was traced, police caught her and her brother. We have one court hearing which we are surely going to win but we are free now" swara narrated to her sister.
" That's nice swara..." Ragini says and hears the sound of the bathroom door opening.
" I will call you later okay" she hangs up the phone and sees Nikhil coming out wearing his casual clothes.
" How come he looks handsome in everything he wears" Ragini wonders
She slightly shakes her head breaking out of her thoughts. She takes out one of her dress from the shopping bags which were lined up in the coach, smiles at him slightly and moves towards the bathroom. Nikhil was staring at his wife without any reason when his phone buzzing distracted him. He quickly took his phone to see what's app message from each of his teammates demanding him to do a conference call immediately because they had something important to speak. Worrying immediately that there was problem about any of the cricket matches, he immediately did a conference call.
" Nikhil bhai! Our next match is in kolkata and we demand you to bring bhabhi over dinner" vishal says quickly from the other end without even greeting his skipper.
Two or other three voices raised from the other ends reprimanding vishal for speaking directly to the matter.
" So how are you captain! How is your honeymoon period going on?" This came from vice captain of the team cum Nikhil's best friend. Nikhil doesn't respond out of annoyance. Not hearing any response from him, his teammates started to scream over their phones in high pitch voice that if here is any network problems.
Finally it was the senior cricketer in the team whom Nikhil considered his brother who guessed Nikhil's silence and spoke out, " comeon Nikhil stop getting upset and listen to us. Our next odi match is at Kolkata and we want you to bring your wife with you over the dinner we are going to be organizing"
Nikhil was going to oppose the idea with list of his own reasons, " Nikhil please! We haven't not met bhabhi once properly. Your wedding happened in rush and we could attend only the pheras"
" But.." Nikhil tries to explain but he was cut off by his another teammates.
" There is no but Nikhil bhai, we know you're going to host a very big reception when you come back to Mumbai but you can't break our tradition which you started" udit argues with him rendering Nikhil totally speechless. The other teammates laughs as they knew now Nikhil can't refuse them.
Nikhil was actually cursing himself for starting this tradition in the Indian cricket team where before the media announcement of the marriage, the married team member brings his wife over dinner to properly introduce her with his teammates. He had done that all out of fun to trouble his seniors and now it was karma biting him back.
" Okay I will speak with Ragini and let you guys know" Nikhil grits his teeth while he speaking and was about to hang up the phone but his teammates wanted to speak and invite ragini themselves and asked him to quietly handover the phone to ragini. He was about to tell ragini had gone out to them when the bathroom door opens, ragini comes out wearing the black short dress and every  other thought he had in his mind flew away, he looks on totally mesmerized. His teammates voice from the phone fell in deaf ears as he kept staring at his wife. Ragini caughts him staring at her while holding his phone, she strolled closer towards him.
" Nikhil, your phone" Ragini says to him trying to bring him back to his reality.
Nikhil breaks out of his thoughts and looks at ragini in daze. She points at his phone and moves towards the dressing table.
" Nikhil, give the phone to your wife"
" Yes Nikhil bhai!"
" Yes"
Nikhil could still heard his teammates who were still urguing to give his phone to ragini so they could speak to her and convince her for the dinner.
" Don't try to tell she has gone out, we just heard her voice" one of them pointed out and others agreed with him.
" Okay, wait I'm getting her the phone but please behave decently" Nikhil requests over the phone and looks at ragini who was drying her hair.
Having no other option, Nikhil calls her name. Ragini spuns towards him.
" This call is for you" Nikhil says to her extending the phone to her. Ragini's eyebrows knitted in confusion as she takes the phone and speaks through it. Nikhil stood here observing ragini's expression which went from confused to surprised to netural as she spoke through the phone.
" I will definitely come!" Ragini says finally smilingly and hangs up the phone. She gives back the phone to Nikhil and picks up her phone which was lying from the bedside table scrolling through her messages.
" Ragini, if you don't want to come for dinner I can still say a no" Nikhil tells her immediately, ragini looks at him surprised.
" I would like to have dinner with your teammates" Ragini says looking at him simply.
" Really!"
" Really and they said this was a tradition you started so it would be bad on your reputation if you break it" Ragini tells him.
Nikhil slowly grins" Actually I started this tradition to irritate our seniors and get them embarassed for sometime in front of their wifes.."
Ragini guffawed hearing it," okay so you're going to get a payback from them"
" Yes" Nikhil confesses" But the dinner night is still two days away, so we have time for that to happen. For now can we have our breakfast and think what to do for the rest of the day"
Ragini nods at him and walks out of the room with him thinking of dinner night already. This would be her first step towards Nikhil's world and she did not know what it held for her.