chapter three

Ragini smiles as she enters the baadi and is welcomed in her maternal home warmly. Her grandfather had a smile on his face which was a very rare thing , her grandmother hugs her as soon as she enters the house. Her mother watches her with relief.
" Meri laado, kitni Pyaar lag rahi yeh. Koi buree nazar na lage " Parvati puts  Kala teeka near her ear. Ragini protests against putting Kala teeka but gives in seeing her grandmother's smile. She is made to sit and served her favorite foods. Parvati goes inside the kitchen to get her water when ragini coughs, sharamistha sensing that this is the right time she can ask ragini the truth sits next to her quickly.
" Ragini, you don't need to lie to me! Tell me beta how are you?"sharamistha questions her looking at her ragini for answers.
Ragini becomes thoughtful for a moment and remembers how Nikhil had not touched her not even once forcibly, how he had defended her against the ladies today during the muh dikhai custom, how his family even though his mother did not like her still behaved cordially with her and finally she looks at her new iPhone which he had gifted her and remembers how he had not even mocked her when she was struggling to use it instead he explained her calmly how to use it. He had been so gentle and welcoming to her.
" I'm alright ma, Nikhil and his family are good people " ragini assured sharamistha who sighs in relief hearing it.
" Thank god, everything is alright. I was so tensed " sharamistha say. Ragini smiles in assurance. Parvati comes from the kitchen holding glass of water and gives to ragini who drinks it quietly. The gadodia family were finally relieved knowing that they got their daughter married to the right person this time. Even sharamistha who was upset till yesterday looked slightly happy for her daughter.
After having the food served by her dadi, Ragini sat on the sofa with her grandmother and mother who were eager to know about her in laws.
" Nikhil's mother and father left today after my pehli rasoi because they had to prepare for the reception party. Nikhil said it was going to be a big function and it was going to take lot of time to prepare for it " Ragini informed. Both Parvati and sharmishta nods their head understanding the situation. Suddenly, Sharmishta's eyes fell on ragini's right hand which was adorned with the diamond bracelet.
" Ragini, this is so beautiful " sharmishta exclaims as she holds ragini's hand and looks at the diamond bracelet examining it's beauty.
" Nikhil's mother gave me as Shagun for pehli rasoi ritual " Ragini informs. It was simple yet beautiful diamond bracelet and there was nothing grand about it but still it looked elegant. Ragini liked the bracelet in an instant and wore it as soon as she received it.
" Kitne aachi baat hai, meri laado ko Kitna izzat aur sammnan dete hai. Maheshwaris jaise bilkul nahi hai yeh log " Dadi commented. Ragini tensed up hearing the maheshwari's name and sharmishta's smile vanished hearing it.
One of ragini's friend in the baadi had come at the exact time to take ragini away for sometime. Ragini sighed and went away with her, relieved that she had escaped the awkward situation where she had to hear about maheshwari's.

Her baadi friends had gathered in the balcony waiting for her. The chairs were arranged in a circular manner. Ragini was made to sit in middle of it.
" So ragini, tell us details about yesterday night? " shweta commented. Ragini was red with embarrassment hearing such question from her friend.
" come on ragini tell us something atleast. You got married to one of the heartthrob of India and it broke so many of our hearts. Now tell us something " vandana whined to her.
" Is that the latest iPhone which did not even come to markets yet " Sanya asked looking at the iPhone which ragini was holding by one of her hand lightly. All her friends attention got distracted towards the iPhone. Ragini lets them to look at it one by one. She was relieved that her friends attention got diverted towards the phone and they stopped pestering her about her first night experience.
" How did you get this. It's not even in the market till? "Sanya asked curiously. Before ragini could answer shweta interrupted, "Don't be such a fool Her husband endorses the iPhone brand for India. Obviously he has gifted this to ragini "
" Wow ragini, looks like you have him wrapped around your finger already "
" You're damn lucky you know "
Ragini controls herself from rolling her eyes at such comments. It has just been one day and her friends are already ready to give nikhil the best husband award.
" Never thought we would be jealous of you one day. Who would have thought one day our bholi Bali ragini would be the one ruling the heart of the most handsome cricketer of the country " vandana exclaimes. Here it begins, ragini thinks. Her friends could not stop gushing over her husband. Ragini felt uneasy when they started commenting on how hot Nikhil was. Damn it was her husband they were speaking about atleast don't speak about him in front of her in that manner. Not able to be here without snapping at anyone of them, Ragini excuses herself and rushes back to her home.