chapter thirteen

Ragini looked herself at the mirror for the nth time checking if she is looking appropriate. She had chosen to wear a black saree and tied her hair into a bun. She bit her lips trying to hid her nervousness. She was going to meet Nikhil's teammates what if they don't like her? Would they find her so old fashioned for him? Him being too good for her? Him deserving better than an divorce who had almost murdered her sister for a man a year before? If there was one thing she regretted most in her life was and if she ever get a chance to change it. It was pushing her sister in the river. Why did she do that? She was never bad, never thought bad of anyone, how did she turn so evil that she tried to kill her own sister that too for someone like laksh. Dadimaa till tries to keep reasoning to her telling that she felt betrayed by laksh and swara and then fell prey to sanskaar 's manipulations and committed mistakes. That was not mistakes she committed there, they were crimes, she drugged her own sister, pushed her to die, accused sanskar of raping her, kidnapped her step mother. No amount of justifying will excuse her. Her sister was too good she forgave her, till today swara never abandoned her,always tried to defend her. She deserved a better sister which ragini will try to become. Laksh's betrayal has taught her so many things, first thing was that she can't build her happiness on someone's grief. She did not curse or thought bad of him for what he did, how could she? His betrayal, he using her body for his revenge, everything was her punishment for the crimes she did instead of jail god punished her this way. She heard taunts about her silently, cried silently, put up a fake smile for her family. When god thought, she suffered enough. He brought nikhil in her life. She was never worthy of him she had understood that after some days, his kindness, his love she deserved none but regardless now that she has him in his life she will try her best to become worthy of him. She will try to make this marriage work not because she got married to him, because he deserved her loyalty, her efforts. She was so lost in her thoughts she did not notice nikhil walking in to check on her.

Nikhil's breath caught in his throat as he took in Ragini's stunning appearance. Ragini came out of her thoughts when she felt his presence and was held captive by his dashing looks. No wonder her friends still felt envy of her. Before she would ask him how does she look, he clears his throat to speak.
" You look so beautiful, wish I was a poet I don't think normal words would justify your beauty right now" Nikhil whispers.
Ragini blushes slightly and smiles.
" What about me? How do I look?" He asks her.
" As always the most handsome man I have seen" Ragini says.
" More handsome than your Aditya roy Kapoor" Nikhil teases her with mischievous glint in his eyes, " nahi"
Ragini replies.
" Just so you know, he is also fan of mine and I have more fanfollowing than him"
" Okay but still he is my first crush, you can't change that" Ragini counters him enjoying getting on his nerves. She could see his jaw clenching and she smiled enjoying his jealousy secretly.
" But I'm your husband and you have bear me for seven more lives. Ultimately I win" Nikhil declares.
" Theek hai, chale abhi ke liye" she says to him her eyes falling on the wall clock hanging on them. Nikhil forwards his arms and she takes it smilingly as they leave the mansion.

In The maheshwari mansion swara was overlooking the celebrations of holika davan happening in the maheshwari mansion. Ragini had messaged her about her being nervous about meeting Nikhil's teammates, swara had messaged her back that she would do fine not to get nervous. She had also loved the black saree which ragini had clicked a picture and sent her with which was going to wear with the diamond set Nikhil's mother had gifted her, she had conveyed the same to ragini. Ragini had send her heart emoji on her what's app. Swara smiled lightly, after months finally everything is being fine with ragini and her, they had chatted like normal sisters fussing over appearances, husbands and sharing things as sisters should. She had yearned for this days to come from a long time. For first time in life she was happy she did not stop Ragini's marriage. Otherwise from the time she had known about Ragini's marriage swara had regretted that she did not help her sister out who was still healing from that rascal laksh's betrayal but meeting Nikhil put things in place for her. He seemed like someone who would let ragini heal and not force him on herself. He was good someone whom ragini deserved truly. There was still little guilt in Ragini's eyes whenever ragini meets her, no matter how much swara has told her to forget the past she had forgiven and moved on, she knew ragini would take years to to move on from everything. Ragini not reaching out to help, not wanting to trouble her, not expecting anything from her is a sign that she has not forgiven herself yet for what she did and doesn't expect anything from her. She also knew ragini wanted to make up for everything she did, that's why she helped the maheshwaris out, did not make big scene of laksh's mistreatment, defended her. Only if she could tell ragini she did not need to do anything of that sort. She has already suffered more than enough. She understands why she did certain things but swara did not want to bring up the past, she wanted a good future for herself and her sister. She sighed and continued instructing the servants their work and was checking if all the sweets are prepared properly.