Chapter Eleven

The maheshwari house was blissfully silent after months and the residents were happy after a long time. They were finally free from the jail charges and kavya's daily plotting and planning.  They sat to have breakfast together peacefully. Laksh sat in one corner still in a very bad mood, uttara followed her brother's mood and annapurna was still worried about her son's condition. Rest all were busy grateful to god for this day.
" I have decided that we all will go and personally thank ragini and her husband for what they did for us" durgaprasad's announcement left his family to look up him with shock.
" Sunne ji, what's necessity of doing this now?" Annapurna was quick to react, the baadi incident still fresh in her mind. The last time laksh had been spared with a warning but she was afraid that this time her son will not walk away free if he does anything to ragini.
" Yes bade Papa, I think we should first inform ragini and then visit her if she wants to see us" swara presents a different argument. Her mind concerned for her sister's well-being and mental health. Sanskar supports his wife. Everyone came up with different argument to avoid meeting ragini making durgaprasad angry.
Durgaprasad sighs heavily, " par swara beta, isn't wrong to call people and inform them that we are coming to thank them for their help?" Swara doesn't reply anything, durgaprasad looks at his wife little disappointed, " annapurna I did not expect this from you"
" But ji....." Annapurna tries to explain her husband, her reasons. Laksh impatiently tapped his fingers on table, annoyed with the mention of Ragini's name. She had stood here simply when her husband hit him and still choose to go with him. He hated the last imagine he had of ragini was of her holding her husband's hand and moving out of baadi leaving him to suffer in pain.
" We are leaving today to thank them! Anyone who has problem don't need to come" Durgaprasad said in a tone of finality and leaves the breakfast table.
Swara looks most distressed one as she eyes laksh from corner of her eyes with suspicion.

Elsewhere, Ragini finished with her breakfast sat on the sofa with Nikhil and was interestedly listening to Nikhil talking about his team members simultaneously looking at their pictures.
" This is vishal, he is the second most mischievous guy in the team. Be wary of him" Nikhil point out to a blonde guy in the pic who looked as he was in his early twenties.
" So who is the number one  in the team?" Ragini asks out of curiosity.
" oh !You don't have to bother about the number one!" Nikhil grins," because he is with you"
Ragini covers her surprise and nods at him indicating him to continue,
" This is ketan and shivi the opening batsman of our team" Nikhil says," This is sourabh bhai, our former captain and not less than my elder brother for me"
Nikhil says pointing out to the photo of man in his early thirties who looked quite cheerful in the pic.
" Tell me about the dinner tradition and how did it go with others before me?" Ragini insistes.
" It's just simple dinner, nothing more. We just have to go and meet other team members with their spouses and then have dinner. In the end, we will just have simple ball dance and part ways" Nikhil explains, " they will not trouble you, it's me who is going to get into trouble"
" Dance!" Ragini says in little high pitched voice.
" Yeah a simple ball dance" Nikhil says simply," don't worry"
Ragini takes a moment and asks him slowly," can we just practice once?"
Nikhil wanted to dismiss it but he leaves that idea looking at ragini fidgeting nervously with her fingers.
" Ok, if you want" Nikhil says and extends his hand to her.
" Now"
" Yeah now"
Ragini looks around and sees the servants doing their work, meanwhile Nikhil had turned on the music player and had come towards her.
" In the hall" Ragini says as she gives her hand to him.
" Where else" Nikhil asks and looks around the servants and understands ragini's anxiousness. He clasps her hands to his, " you're nervous dancing in front of the servants"
Ragini nods, " I get nervous around people easily"
" But you have won awards in singing  with your sitar in front of more than half of the people who are here" Nikhil states as a matter of fact remembering the certificates he had seen in her house.
" Music is a very different thing" Ragini reasons to him," I get engrossed into my voice notes and get lost into my world of music"
" So dance is the same, get swayed by the music and with your partner" Nikhil explains her simply.
" I have never thought of this in this way"
" Now you can" Nikhil says " we can try right now"
Ragini nods at him little apprehensive as she moves with him to the centre of the hall. The hit song " tere sang yaara" from the movie rustom played in the background.
Nikhil and Ragini slowly sway to the rhythm of the song. Nikhil holds ragini's one hand and places his another hand around her waist. In deft moves, he spun ragini around and swiftly brings her back to him. Ragini was surprised with the comfortabilty that she felt while dancing with Nikhil, there was not a moment of discomfort between them and to her disbelief she was completely enjoying it.
" You have to look at me too while dancing and try to enjoy it "
Nikhil's instructions made her look at him and she got lost in his black eyes for a moment. Nikhil smiles as he lifts her up little high and brings her back.
" See it's not tough" Nikhil tells moving with her.
" Can we do more steps?" Ragini asks not wanting to stop, she felt so free while dancing and right now she did not want to stop.
" You want to do more?" Nikhil asks suprised pausing a bit.
Ragini shakes her head positively and continues dancing to the beats.
" ok this would be little intimate, would you be okay?"
" It's okay" Ragini says instantly. There was no nervousness within her and she only wanted to dance now.
" Fine, come" Nikhil says pulling her dangerously closer to him. When ragini did not protest after being so close to him, Nikhil decides to go with the flow.

On the other hand The maheshwari's stood outside Nikhil's mansion arguing with the watchman to let them in. Swara stood here, she had messaged Ragini twice but ragini had not replied back to any of her messages. The watchman was not letting her go in and refused to disturb his owner over silly matters and asked them to call his owner directly so that he can get orders to let them in. Swara kept calling ragini to her vain, Ragini did not lift her calls. To her relief, one of the bodyguard who had accompanied Nikhil to the baadi had identified swara and conveyed to the watchman that their malkin knows this people. The watchman had finally left swara and the Maheshwaris in but still not convinced. The Maheshwaris walked in but they were already intimated by the huge mansion and the security arrangements. They already knew how well off was ragini's new husband was but looking at the lavishness of the place which was twice bigger than theirs and this was not even his real home, his home was apparently was located in mumbai which would be thrice huge than this the Maheshwaris truly felt unsettled for some reason. They walked slowly towards the mansion with two body guards hovering over them in case of any uncertainly.

Nikhil spun ragini around, trailing his hands down her sides. They had switched off to fast music now from the slow romatic one to the passionate music. Nikhil's hands trailed Ragini's arm and grabbed her hand spinning her to face him yet again before pulling her up. He twirled her around and They moved fastly as per the beats. Soon enough, she was pulled in to him. Her hands lay on his shoulders and his hands is on her waist and her back to keep her firmly close to him. Their faces practically only few inches apart. He dipped her body back before he pulled her up again.
" Wow!" Ragini exclaimes as they finally free each other. " This was so good, we are so good" Ragini blurts out unfiltered.
" We will do this tomorrow too!" She says. Nikhil nods instantly beaming up with the possibility to have her closer to him again. His heart skipping a beat.
" Hot chocolate" he asks her. Ragini quickly nods her head at the thought of hot chocolate, she licks her lips.
" Five minutes I will get you" Nikhil says with a wide smile," sit on the sofa"
Ragini agrees and she turns around to go back sitting on the sofa when her eyes fell on the main door. She froze midway seeing the Maheshwaris here who were starting at her wide eyed. Nikhil confused with ragini's sudden movement to stop midway followed the gaze of her eyes to see what had happened. He looks at swara's in-laws standing at the entrance of his mansion who were gaping at his wife. He groaned internally seeing them, he had already had the whole day planned with Ragini but now he has to deal with this. The Maheshwaris stood at the entrance, disbelief written all over their face. Clearly, They were not expecting this. They were not expecting a ragini who would be wearing casual clothes freely, there was no gungat on her head and no heavy jewellery on her body. It was enough for maheshwaris ladies to go on a protest and if that was not enough, she was intimately dancing with her new husband few minutes before in the hall without caring about the other's gaze and not only that they heard last bit of the conversation too where her husband was going to kitchen to prepare something for ragini and ragini was going to sit on the sofa simply while her husband worked in kitchen. The Maheshwaris were not obvious to the fact that ragini's husband was a good cook, swara's praises were enough to know that but they never thought that ragini's new husband who was also the captain of the indian cricket team was freely letting his wife to live her life.
" Hi !" Nikhil had come forward to greet the Maheshwaris and indicated something to his bodyguards with his eyes that they left the Maheshwari family alone. The Maheshwaris broke out their shock and greeted him back politely.
" Ah... I was not expecting this!" Nikhil says with a smile on his face covering up all his displeasure he felt on the arrival of the Maheshwaris. He literally wanted to blast them with questions for coming here without even informing him and by ragini's reaction it looks she was also unaware of the visit.
Swara had to come forward to clear up the matter informing Nikhil that the family wanted to thank him for the help and thus had come here. He had to control the urge to not roll his eyes hearing the stupid explanation that it was a bad thing to inform anyone that they are planning to visit them for thanking them but he kept calm and nodded understandingly. Then swara had went on questioning to ragini who was slowly coming back to her senses about the phone calls.
" I think I had left my phone in the room, had forgotten to take it down with me when I had come for the breakfast" Ragini reveals to swara and sits on the sofa trying to steady her breath. The Maheshwaris sat on the sofa upon Nikhil's request. laksh was almost going to sit next to the empty space near ragini when Nikhil jumps in and occupies the space here immediately sensing laksh's intention and ordered the servant to serve coffee and snacks to the Maheshwaris. Ragini stiffened next to him, Nikhil gently places his hand on her trying to comfort her and then blinks his eyes to her.  Warmed up by his gesture,Ragini lifts her eyes and finally looks at the Maheshwaris meeting their eyes.