ONE.

Balloons are deflatin'
Guess they look lifeless like me
We miss you on your side of the bed, mmm
Still got your things here
And they stare at me like souvenirs
Don't wanna let you out my head

Just like the day that I met you
The day I thought forever
Said that you love me
But that'll last for never
It's cold outside
Like when you walked out my life
Why you walked out my life?

I get like this every time
On these days that feel like you and me
Heartbreak anniversary
'Cause I remember every time
On these days that feel like you and me
Heartbreak anniversary
Do you ever think of me?

No
(Ooh) No-no, no
(Ooh, ooh, ooh) Ooh, nah

I'm buildin' my hopes up
Like presents unopened 'til this day
I still see the messages you read, mmm
I'm foolishly patient
(Foolishly patient)
Can't get past the taste of your lips
(Taste of your lips)
Don't wanna let you out my head

Just like the day that I met you
The day I thought forever
Said that you love me
But that'll last for never
It's cold outside
Like when you walked out my life
Why you walked out my life?

I get like this every time
On these days that feel like you and me
Heartbreak anniversary
'Cause I remember every time
On these days that feel like you and me
Heartbreak anniversary
Do you ever think of me?

Of me
'Cause I think of you, think of you

Heart break anniversary by Givēon played on my speaker as I laid on my bed with tears falling onto my pillow. Isn't it funny how when sad we listen to sad songs and end up even more miserable then we were in the beginning.

Three months ago I walked into my boyfriend's apartment and found him having sex with some girl,it broke me.

He was the love of my life,my first love. Damn,he was my first everything.

Today was supposed to be our fourth anniversary,he's been coming over almost everyday to beg me to give him another chance,but I can't,this was his last chance and he blew it,AGAIN!

I heard a knock on the door followed by my bestfriend,Lethabo's voice "Sego,you have to get out of that room at some point,don't give that bastard the satisfaction of seeing you beat up yourself like this. I made breakfast,freshen up then come eat" she walked away.

I wiped the tears on my face then got up and walked to my bathroom and stood in front of the mirror.

I look pathetic, like a hot mess.

I turned on the water in the shower and waited for it to warm up while I stripped out of my clothes. When it was warm enough I stepped in and let the warm water relax my body,I washed every part of my body allowing the water to massage me.

Thirty minutes later I joined Lethabo on our kitchen island for breakfast.

"You made me pancakes,my favorite" I smiled,clapping my hands in excitement "If anything can cheer you up from this whole pity party you've decided to throw for yourself,it's pancakes" she said as cut a piece from her plate and ate it.

"Aww...I love you,bestie" I said as I got up and gave her a tight hug.

"Girl,you don't have a choice,I'm the only one willing to put up with your drama" she laughed "Shut up" I nudged her shoulder and laughed along.

Lethabo and I have been friends since our first year of high school. I had just transferred to the private school she attended on scholarship,then we went to the same university and she studied a business course,in order to take over her father's company while I studied psychology. We graduated two weeks ago.

"You know what,we're going out tonight. We haven't celebrated our graduation properly and tonight is the perfect opportunity,we can go have dinner at a restaurant then hit the club" Lethabo said as she did a mini twerk with her hands in the air.

This girl is so wild

"You're right,I've been cooped up in this apartment for weeks and I could use some fresh air" I said getting up to join her dance,we loved dancing more than anything.

A few hours later we got dolled up and ready to hit the streets.

"Let me take a picture of you for the Gram,Honey" Lethabo said grabbing her phone as we stepped out.

"Dammit,my girl stepping on necks since 1502" she said,hyping me up.I laughed while taking the phone from her "Pose for the camera Beesh"

"Can I just say,I am proud to be your friend,Miss,you are hot in capital letters and fire emojis" I said fanning my face

"Babes,we are the hottest things out tonight,let's go lose those morals"

Let's see go make some bad decisions and blame it on the alcohol!!

_________________________________________

Unedited.

This is my first book kids,go easy on me.

Vote,comment and share.❤