Chapter 2

Something tingled her ear.

"What is it?" She groaned, lazily.

Victoria turned over in her bed trying to ignore the tingling sensation.

She waited.

A second.

Two seconds.

Nothing, yay!

She snuggled into the duvet further, sighing at the comfort. Just as she was about to sink into dreamland,  the tingling resumed - this time more persistent.

She let out a soft groan and turned over on the bed, covering her ears with her pillow. The tingling ceased.

Oh thank goodness!

Only for it to come at full force. The sensation was coming from the soles of her right foot.

She tried kicking it away using her left foot but it only got caught in a strong grip.

"Uncle Mike!" She groaned out. "I'm trying to sleep here!"

A deep, throaty chuckle resonated around the room.

"How did you know it was me?" He asked, twirling a feather between his thumb and index finger.

Because your wife would never act friendly towards me!

"The persistence. You're very persistent."

"It's part of the job." He chuckled.

She finally raised her head to stare at him. He wore an amused look, his eyes alight and bright.

Yeah....Apparently he's a morning person.

"It's Sunday. Better get up and prepare for church," he said.

"Ay ay Captain." She gave him a mock salute.

"Be ready in thirty minutes." And with that he walked out of the room, smiling.

After saying a quick prayer, Victoria headed towards her wardrobe and began the search for a suitable dress.

Fifteen minutes later, she descended the stairs, the flare of her dress swishing side to side. A particularly 'inviting' scent wafted through the air. It picked at her nose, and embraced her in it's painstaking aroma.

She followed the scent, which led her to the kitchen.

There stood her aunt, desperately trying to turn off the cooker whilst trying to balance a pan of burnt pancakes in one hand.

Oh! What great love she has for burnt food!

As much as the scene was funny, she had to do something before the house was burnt down. Composing herself, which was a very difficult task, by the way -  she slid into the kitchen and collected the pan of pancakes from her aunt.

"Good morning aunt," she greeted.

"Good morning Victoria," the response was forced -obviously. "Help me turn off this cooker."

Smiling, Victoria twisted the knob underneath and the flames died.

Stunned but refusing to let it show, Aunt Katherine grabbed the pan of pancakes from her and set it on the counter. Before you could say Jack, she had dished the 'amazingly and deliciously' burnt pancakes in three plates.