Chapter 6

The door to the house creaked open. The house was quiet except for the clanging noise coming from he kitchen.

Aunt kath is cooking?

Weird.

She headed directly to the stairs and straight to her bedroom. Just as she was about opening the door, a voice made her freeze.

"Good afternoon to you too, Victoria." Her aunt said, sarcastically.

She looked down at the staircase then up at her aunt. Her aunt wasn't one that walks quickly. How did she get upstairs so fast?

Giving her a quizzical look, she smiled forcefully. "Good afternoon, Aunt Kath."

Her aunt nodded then went off down the stairs, taking slow, elegant strides.

See?!

She shook her head and pushed open the door. Her bed was  unmade from the morning  and she placed her bag on it carelessly making a mental note to arrange it later.

Setting up a bath, she settled in the tub and reminisced the day's events, slowly drifting into a dreamless sleep.

Her sleep though, was cut short when a knock at her door rang through the room.

What?

Uncle Jay is the only one in this house that knocks and he's not around!

This day is getting a lot creepier.

Wrapping herself in her pink bathrobe, she headed for the door.

There were guards, right?

They won't let a stranger come into the house.

Nodding at the thought, she pulled the door open a bit, then fully. She was met with the sight of a young lady, most likely in her twenties. She wore a maids uniform and she held a tray in her hands.

"Hi! I'm Tarma. Your daddy employed me."

Daddy? She thinks uncle Jay is my dad?

"Oh! Hi Aunt Tarma. I'm Victoria."

Holding unto the door for her, she let Tarma slip into the room.

"What's that?" She asked curiously, gesturing towards the tray.

"It's a meal for you specially prepared by me. Jollof rice."

"Oh I love Jollof rice! Thank you!"

"And I'm guessing you don't love cleaning up." Tarma said, looking around the room.

A blush creeped up her cheeks.

"I should get going. Aunt Katherine would be expecting me downstairs."

"Ohh alright. Thanks for the food, Aunty."

"You know that you can call me Tarma, right?"

She grinned, digging into the food. "Yes but I'll stick to Aunt Tarma."

The maid slipped out the door quietly leaving behind a very contented Victoria; the food was amazing.

Settling into bed, Victoria spread out her homework in front of her.