Birthday Stuff

Winchesters x Brother Reader (obviously not romantically)
Fluff

Reader wasn't one for birthday partys, or even birthdays at all. It seemed pointless to have a party for someone who was just getting closer to death, and him being a hunter, it just didn't work out.

Being a brother to the mighty Winchesters was hard enough, but having to deal with a birthday on top of it when they never had birthday's themselves was worse.

"Are you happy today?" Jack Kline asked looking at the youngest Winchester, Reader chuckled and flipped through the pages of his 'How to tell if it's a demon or your ex wife' book.

"I guess so, why?" He asked and looked at the boy, Jack smiled and sat down beside him. "No reason, just want to know." Reader looked at him suspiciously but didn't have the energy to push for answers.

"Where's Castiel?" Reader asked closing the book, Jack shrugged "Him, Dean and Sam went to get more food." He answered looking at Reader.

Reader nodded and stretched his arms, "I'm gonna go take a shower," Jack nodded and watched as he got up and walked out of the room.

Jack hummed and looked to the book Reader was reading, he furrowed his brows. "How to tell if it's a demon or your ex wife?" He picked it up. "What does that mean?"

(With the brothers - Reader)

"We can't just give him something," Dean said and groaned. "Why not?" Castiel asked grabbing some things from the shelf. Sam sighed and put the jar of honey Castiel grabbed back on the shelf.

"He'll know what we're trying to do," he said and grabbed a salad bowl from the fridge. Dean rolled his eyes at that, "He hates birthdays, he'd rather get burned alive then have a birthday." Castiel frowned. "That's disappointing."

"We can't force him to have one," Sam said and stopped Castiel from getting another jar of honey. "Sure we can!" Dean said and smirked "All he needs is some pie to change his mind," he said and gently laid the apple pie into the cart.

Sam rolled his eyes, "Sure Dean," Castiel hummed "Why not just give him gifts like humans do on occasions? We don't have to have a human party. Right?"  Dean shrugged "He doesn't do presents, unless it's a hunt he gets to go on by himself."

"Then let him go on a hunt." Castiel said knowingly, Sam and Dean sucked in a breath, "I uh don't know about that," Sam said nervously. Castiel raised his brow "and why is that?" He asked.

Dean sighed "Look, last thing we need is for him to get killed on his fricking birthday." He said and shook his head "He's not going on a hunt by himself, never ever ever."

(Back at the bunker - They've finished shopping)

"I can go on a hunt by myself?" Reader asked excitingly. Dean was about to tell him no like he was his father but was shoved (painfully) in the shoulder by Castiel.

Sam chuckled nervously, "Y-yeah you can," he nodded. Reader smiled and hugged his big brothers tightly "That's great! I have one all picked out, it's only a town away so i should go now," he said and ran out the room to get his things.

Castiel smiled at them. "he'll be alright." He said and patted Dean's back. Dean cursed him under his breath.

(Little bit later)

Reader looked at his brothers and chuckled "Guys I'm not 6 years old, i can go on a hunt by myself." He said and loaded his things into his truck.

Sam nodded "I know, we know," he said and looked at Dean. Dean grabbed Readers shoulders and looked into his eyes "If you need any help, you better call." He said sternly.

Reader nodded "like I said, i can handle it." He said and grabbed Deans hands. "I'll call you guys if i need help, i promise." He said and got into his truck.

"Oh and guys?" He asked. His brothers hummed in response, Reader chuckled "Thanks for the birthday present."