Chapter 5

You woke up in a daze. Your tired mind filled with hazy memory blanks as you slowly woke up. Vaguely you remembered falling asleep with Owen, meeting a boy who claimed to be able to fly and watching London disappear into the clouds below you.

As you woke up, more and more things returned to you. Such as the boy's name, Peter. The flight to Neverland. Jumping out your bedroom window. Everything felt so surreal. Was it possible it was all a dream?

Opening your eyes it became clear that it was not a dream. You were laying on your side, snuggled into a bed of furs. The room you were in had dirt walls and a dirt floor with a large curtain of sorts separating it from whatever else was beyond it. A candle on the bedside table was the only source of light unless you counted the thin beams that made their way through the gaps on either side of the curtain. 

Muffled laughter could be heard from somewhere behind the curtain. After a bit you decided to finally sit up, wanting to know where exactly you were. 

"So, she finally wakes up!" Peter's voice made you jump as the curtain was pulled back. Now with more light you were able to see him more clearly. He had bright reddish orange hair, brown eyes and freckles scattered absolutely everywhere on his face. He was maybe 15 or 16 if his looks were anything to go by. 

"Where are we?" You asked, accepting his hand and letting him help you up. 

"The caves of Neverland! Now come on! Breakfast is ready and everyone is really excited to meet you!" 

"Everyone?" 

He gently led you past the curtain and down a dirt tunnel. Ignoring the few other tunnels that seemed to branch off until he made a sudden left. Almost instantly six pairs of eyes were on you, watching your every movement. 

"Welcome to the home of the Lost Boys, Y/N!"