Chapter 12

Peter reappeared just after the food was done. Dinner consisted of some fish, vegetables and a winged bird Blue Jay said was a Ulea. Afterwards Peter had led you back into the base while everyone else cleaned up.

"Bedtime is next. You have a story to tell us, right?" You shifted nervously but nodded. Hopefully a classic fairytale was okay. Maybe Snow White or Sleeping Beauty. Peter grinned.

"Excellent. I hope you don't mind that we'll be staying together tonight. After all, we're all out of empty beds and mine is the best in this place. You seemed rather comfy last night as well." The bed where you'd woken up... was Peters? Had he slept beside you last night or did he sleep somewhere else? The sound of clamoring and laughing made Peter smile.

"They'll be in bed soon enough. Ready to tell your story?" All you could do was nod and hope everything went okay.

-

"And then they lived happily ever after. The end." Quiet snoring filled the part of the cave where the Lost Boys slept. Peter smiled as he led you back towards the curtained off bed, his bed.

"You did wonderful, Y/N. So much better than Wendy did her first night." If you weren't so tired you probably would've asked why he was treating you like a replacement for Wendy, whoever she was. Peter took the side of the bed closest to the curtain while you took the side pressed against the cave wall.

"Nighty night Y/N. See you in the morning."

"Night Peter." With that you drifted off to sleep, ignorant to Peter pulling you in close.