Chapter 17

When Peter returned he was furious. Not only were you missing, kidnapped by those barbarian pirates, but he hadn’t found a new boy to replace Goose yet. As he took off, soaring above Neverland, he radiated anger and rage. He would find you again, and he'd make those disgusting pirates pay.

☆○☆○☆

One of the first things Wendy had done was let you change into a new pair of clothes. Granted, they were a bit large, but they fit rather well otherwise. After that the two of you had talked for a bit. You told her about England and the war and she told you about life with the pirates.

However your skirting around the topic of Peter quickly proved meaningless.
"Peter was kind to me during my first few weeks here." Wendy suddenly said, leaning back on the chair she sat on.
"He was strong and protected me. But one night he told me what he wanted of me. What he also wants of you. He doesn't want a mother for his boys, someone to tell them stories or tuck them in. What Peter wants is a wife. Someone to look after him who will take whatever he gives without complaint. He wants to feel big, like an adult. However he is merely a child, inside and out." Wendy paused for a moment, studying your shocked expression before continuing.

"That doesn't mean he isn't cunning. He knows how to get what he wants. How to phrase his words to make people do things for him. But if that fails… he gets angry." She ran her fingers along one of the scars on her face.

Your mind suddenly flashed with images from the night Peter had shown you his rage. The way he'd told his story to paint Wendy as the villain and himself as the victim. The way he'd tricked you through desperate actions that now seemed carefully planned out. Peter had played you. It was obvious now. But what wasn't obvious was how you could get out of Neverland safely. Or if there was even a way.